Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

If I upgrade to V5. 1

Hi

I am considering upgrading to v5.1 and would like to know if my add ons are compatible with it either as they stand or via a free update. If I have to pay for v5 versions then I may just stick with v4.5. Specifically, I have the following add ons if anyone can advise on each one that would be great :

ASP3D

Rex Sky Force 

Aivlasoft EFB

FS LABS A320 

PMDG 737NG

Pro ATC 

Naivgraph Charts 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, flotmangooner said:

PMDG 737NG

Not quite sure (so to be confirmed by others) but it seems to me that the 737NG is not compatible with V5. You would have to buy the NGXu.

• Like 1

- TONY -

Aivlasoft EFB

That will continue to work. You just point it to the v5 location same as you did for v4.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi

I am considering upgrading to v5.1 and would like to know if my add ons are compatible with it either as they stand or via a free update. If I have to pay for v5 versions then I may just stick with v4.5. Specifically, I have the following add ons if anyone can advise on each one that would be great :

ASP3D

Rex Sky Force 

Aivlasoft EFB

FS LABS A320 

PMDG 737NG

Pro ATC 

Naivgraph Charts 

Thanks in advance 

The NGXu works not the NGX. The NGX is only P3D v4 or downwards compatible.

• Like 2

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Rex Sky Force works but it is a bit tricky to set up due to the REX loaders- that said I discontinued using it now I have properly set up True Sky (see threads here and elsewhere) and I prefer the realism of True Sky as opposed to just a texture injection method for skies (Yes I know Sky Force uses 3D models)

I use FSXWX or P3DWX as a weather engine - it is freeware and works perfectly.

I know Navigraph worked as it was installed in some of my addons but I do not use it either as I have no need for updated regular airways and navaids data and I find the freeware LitlleNavMap much better for planning etc. 

The other addons - do not have cannot help you there!

• Like 2

ASP3D works with 4.5 and 5.x. Just download the newest version from their site.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Rex Sky Force has been updated to V5.  Just the PMDG 737NG will not work.  Rest are good.

• Like 1

The PMDG 737 NGX will work as long as you are comfortable with making changes to your PC's registry.
(Confirmed happy 737NGX and P3D v5 user).

Here's a guide on how to get the NGX to work in P3Dv5:

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

ASP3D - Yes, with discounts for previous versions but with some limitations https://hifisimtech.com/asp3d/ pending a further update by LM to Enhanced Atmospherics (EA).  You can run P3D V5.1 HF1 with EA off although I think I still prefer it on.  

Rex Sky Force Don't Know

Aivlasoft EFB Don't Know

FS LABS A320 Don't Know

PMDG 737NG - NGXu is the product PMDG support

Pro ATC - Yes 

Naivgraph Charts - Yes (and with the NGXu you can view airport, SID and STAR charts directly in the cockpit via the Electronic Flight Bag which is included)   

ngxu_banner.png

The FS Labs A320 is fully compatible with 5.1.

Rex Skyforce also works.  Note however, that Rex just announced a development update: more technical fixes coming, but feature update development is on hold "due to changes in the rendering engine of Prepar3D v5." 

Edited by Iadbound

13 hours ago, flotmangooner said:

Hi

ASP3D

Rex Sky Force 

Aivlasoft EFB

FS LABS A320 

PMDG 737NG

Pro ATC 

Naivgraph Charts 

Thanks in advance 

Hi. You should head over to the FSElite site. Under "Explore FSElite", you will find the P3Dv5 Hub which lists the compatibility status of all the major addons with P3Dv5 and any issues which may be encountered. Regards.

• Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X