Sign in to follow this  
SparkerInVR

Vive Pro 2 Will it be supported

I just pre-ordered a Vive Pro 2 and now wondering if MSFS will support it.

I already have a Valve Index and 2 pair of controllers and 3 lighthouses so only needed the HMD.

Thoughts Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Why wouldn't it? It is the same as the Index as far as FS2020 is concerned (or I got it all wrong which I may).

I might pre-order it too. I know the Vive classic shell is comfortable but I regret they didn't update the audio solution ala Index and kept the older earphones design (but with a better HIFI driver now).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

32 minutes ago, RXP said:

Why wouldn't it? It is the same as the Index as far as FS2020 is concerned (or I got it all wrong which I may).

I might pre-order it too. I know the Vive classic shell is comfortable but I regret they didn't update the audio solution ala Index and kept the older earphones design (but with a better HIFI driver now).

The techradar review says that they hover over your ears so that sounds like the Index and the G2 but time will tell.

Higher res and SteamVR support was a selling point for me as I already have lighthouses and Valve Index controllers so I only need the HMD.

• Like 1

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Will this be a worthy upgrade over a HP G2? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Will this be a worthy upgrade over a HP G2? 

To me this is a no brainer, but maybe just to me!

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

4 hours ago, RXP said:

To me this is a no brainer, but maybe just to me!

I’ll probably go for it, I’ll wait for the initial results first. Wider fob and bigger sweet spot over the G2 is all I am hoping for. 

• Like 1

Again 120hz refresh rate doesn’t mean anything in MSFS. It will never reach that type of fps in VR to take advantage of 120hz refresh rate. A wider FOV and higher native image resolution than the Index is a plus though. As well as Pimax level specs from a company with better customer service and support than Pimax...well?

Wait this is still HTC we are talking about here...their customer support isn’t too far above Pimax’s either.🤣

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

This didn’t occur to me before why 120Hz or 144Hz is better with the Index but now that the latest SteamVR is working much better, I can see why. With a higher refresh rate, the VR API is “projecting” the same frame more often which in effect is reducing the apparent stroboscopic illusion you get with a lower refresh rate. It is really impressive when you’re comparing the Index at 80Hz and 120Hz when in the first case on violent rolls looking over the wing the scenery horizon, you can see a “ghost gap” between the view where it was and the view where it is displaying now, whereas at 120Hz you barely notice it because it is displaying more often the same frame in between. It has the effect to also reducing juddering because with more of the same frame displaying, the gap between the contrasted line for example is shorter and therefore less noticeable.

In turn, it makes any comment such as “anyhow no game can render at 144Hz” moot, because the main point is not rendering at 144Hz, but to re-project 30Hz or 45Hz frames more often. I never thought about this this way before!

• Like 1