Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

More ORBX P3Dv5

FYI - seems like ORBX is on a roll - found several more releases updated to P3Dv5:

• 65S Bonners Ferry Airport
  • 74S Anacortes Airport
  • ENSD Sandane Airport
  • ENSG Sogndal Haukåsen Airport
  • KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack Airport
  • WA79 Walter Sutton's Private Strip

There may be others I don't own, so may be worth a check.

I am still waiting on:

• CityScene Barcelona
  • CityScene Charleston
  • CityScene Orlando
  • 2WA1 Diamond Point Airstrip
  • EGLC London City Airport
  • ENHF Hammerfest Airport
  • KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
  • W28 Sequim Valley Airport
  • W52 Goheen Airport

But at least there is progress.

Joe

• Like 3

Joe Lorenc

Palm beach is the one I’m waiting on. And Boise 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm still  hoping they will update STS.  I've asked and asked and just get ignored.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

10 hours ago, Joe L said:

EGLC London City Airport

EGLC can be hacked to work. You lose some animations, but otherwise the scenery is intact and works fine. This is the route I went down because I was sick of waiting.

Details here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205667-egcl-what-are-the-latest-new/?do=findComment&comment=1753991

• Upvote 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

KTEX is now P3Dv5.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm still  hoping they will update STS.  I've asked and asked and just get ignored.

It is released for v5, but of course w/o the RWY update - I too hope someday.  Not likely though.

I pointed out when they released PAVD they failed to include a seaplane base just a few miles away (L93) - their aerial photo scenery even shows planes parked on the lake.  They acknowledged, and even have a Facebook post with a screenshot and a forum post they started stating an update was forthcoming.  That was over three years ago and still never an update . . .

Edited by Joe L

Joe Lorenc

I really wish they were more forthcoming with communication regarding their products and future compatibility with V5.  Good customer service goes a long way

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 hours ago, Joe L said:

FYI - seems like ORBX is on a roll - found several more releases updated to P3Dv5:

• 65S Bonners Ferry Airport
  • 74S Anacortes Airport
  • ENSD Sandane Airport
  • ENSG Sogndal Haukåsen Airport
  • KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack Airport
  • WA79 Walter Sutton's Private Strip

There may be others I don't own, so may be worth a check.

I am still waiting on:

• CityScene Barcelona
  • CityScene Charleston
  • CityScene Orlando
  • 2WA1 Diamond Point Airstrip
  • EGLC London City Airport
  • ENHF Hammerfest Airport
  • KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
  • W28 Sequim Valley Airport
  • W52 Goheen Airport

But at least there is progress.

Joe

Those cityscene ones are the ones I'm waiting for.....

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

I wonder how much more detailed cityscene orlando is vs true earth florida "orlando" area?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I really wish they were more forthcoming with communication regarding their products and future compatibility with V5.  Good customer service goes a long way

Nobody usually talks about upcoming product except the stuff they explicitly want to market. The bigger the company gets, the less likely they are to engage with customers in that way. Some of the independents are more open but almost no-one will speculate about actual schedules to get stuff done. It's just opening yourself up to trouble, and bigger companies are inherently conservative and risk-averse. Having worked for a number of product companies, I know this from the inside. We were firmly told to stonewall if asked any questions that we didn't want to answer. 

Put it this way - if ORBX said 'oh, yeah, EGLC will be done for v5 by the end of May' and then it wasn't (because something happened, business priorities changed, whatever) and then came back to the forum and said 'we know we said end of May but now it's end of June. Honest' people would quickly stop believing them and would criticise them for speculating and then not delivering. So most companies have a policy of telling you when it's done (or maybe in late beta) but not before. 

On the wider topic of v5 compatibility generally, and the vexed topic of P3D development lagging or even outright being cancelled as a result of the general pivot to the Sim That Shall Not Be Mentioned, I would expect them to say as little as possible to avoid alienating their P3D audience by basically admitting they're in 3rd place, or even winding it down altogether. As long as there's money to be made selling the old stuff, no-one's going to say that. Well, maybe Aerosoft... Mr Kok finds it hard to toe the radio silence line 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

2 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

On the wider topic of v5 compatibility generally, and the vexed topic of P3D development lagging or even outright being cancelled as a result of the general pivot to the Sim That Shall Not Be Mentioned, I would expect them to say as little as possible to avoid alienating their P3D audience by basically admitting they're in 3rd place, or even winding it down altogether. As long as there's money to be made selling the old stuff, no-one's going to say that. Well, maybe Aerosoft... Mr Kok finds it hard to toe the radio silence line 🙂

I agree. I go back to the old Radio shack TRS-80 days. It has been down right depressing ever since big money MS announced more than 2 years ago that they were going to get back into the "Flight Simulator" world and take another shot at killing the hobby and turn it into a Bing scenery viewer. From that day forward it has been nothing but pretty pictures...we want pretty pictures. You almost never see a question about how do you fly a correct traffic pattern or properly trim an aircraft. It is for the most part mostly kids wanting to crash their 787 model 2807Z into a runway or building. Airport design is no longer about runways and taxiways but now it is all about flushing potties in the terminal and the operation of baggage carts and honey wagons.

I am a hard headed old man but even I find it hard to get up looking forward to reading AVSIM to see what new things are coming. I am afraid that the answer to that question for mature adults is "Hey not much dudes!" It is no wonder that LM folks don't have much to say to our "community" these days.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

well said @shivers9