Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PMS50 GTN750 Mod - Just Wow

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

You have to enter a departure and destination pair first on the FPL screen.

It was like this in the earlier beta a few weeks back when I first tried it. You can't just enter a  direct to "airport" and then use the PROC page to enter in the rwy approach,  like you can in the 530 mod. This annoys me to no end so I removed it almost immediately, heh.

But Ryan, one question I DO have for you is about the missing approach. Do you have Navigraph data installed? If so, I thought the approach you're missing should have been in there, no?

Yeah I have Navigraph.  The approach is there but the IAF is not selectable as a standalone fix (for that 10R approach).  I had to select a transition like GEP or MEYER.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, RandallR said:

I'm guessing you put in the Premium version and then activated/connected your Navigraph account through the setup, which is the only way that charts run through this mod?

If so, then this was also mentioned in the documentation:

Nota: You will have to reconnect Navigraph in case of CTD or if you don't leave the sim via
the Welcome screen "quit to desktop". There is no workaround to this issue at the moment.

Thanks Randall, I remember reading that at sometime now.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

No disagreement there.  But would be much better to use a full feature set that already exists, and has so for years now.  Its beyond me why this sim's developers want to reinvent it.  After all, the existing feature set is developed and maintained by the gauge developer and manufacturer itself.

I think taking a fresh look at everything in a new platform like MSFS is always good. Yes, currently the native implementation has some shortcomings when compared with the GTN Trainer based one but, for me, it is more probable that we get the missing features with this enthusiast-led initiative, than Navigraph charts and data, WX radar and METAR on the RXP version.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Thanks for making a post on this, Im gonna get this mod! Where would gaming be without modders, for real. 

I just wanted to ask since I am not familiar - what does it do that the default stock Garmins in the TBM, C172 etc cannot? Just curious 🙂

1 hour ago, ThrottleUp said:

Thanks for making a post on this, Im gonna get this mod! Where would gaming be without modders, for real. 

I just wanted to ask since I am not familiar - what does it do that the default stock Garmins in the TBM, C172 etc cannot? Just curious 🙂

Compared to the default versions?  A few of the benefits -

- it is a genuine touch screen, no fiddling with knobs to navigate the menus. The interface is intuitive enough that you can usually learn it by using it (rather than having to watch multiple tedious YouTube videos)
- you can save flight plans before hand to a file and load them when flying, for example if you are joining a multiplayer stream that has already started you can save their full flight plan to a file join the stream at their current location and load the flight plan and then activate the leg they are currently on
- you can modify a flight plan graphically whilst flying by dragging the track on the map to add a new point
- clicking on airports or going to nearest airport sb menu lets you view basic information like airfield height etc
- in the premium version (currently free but eventually subscription) you can load METAR for the airports and view Jepperson Charts from a Navigraph subscription

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

@Glenn Fitzpatrick oh I see thanks for explaining. I recall reading in Flying Magazine about graphical planning where they showed how you can just drag the route line around. So impressive and now this mod brings it to us. 

I agree I find the stock units very bothersome and fiddly so I look forward to using this. What a star this modder is. 

I tried it at the weekend. Very promising, and I look forward to further developments.

However...switching from 2D to VR, or calling up the Options, and it wiped my flight plan. The page was completely empty, and needed re inputting once more. So for me, it's something to put aside until that is fixed, which I look forward to in hope and anticipation.

Edited by Petraeus
  • Upvote 1

Petraeus

I ended up deleting this mod for now. It's nice and all but has a big flaw. If you use the world map to create a IFR flight the 750 has an awful time importing the flight plan.

For example.  Flight plan is KACY to KPHL via HOLEY-FOSOM-ESKOE

The PMS750 GPS completely skips HOLEY and goes directly to KPHL despite the line on the map clearly showing to turn to HOLEY.  But nope KACY ---> KPHL instead

Edited by styckx
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, styckx said:

If you use the world map to create a IFR flight the 750 has an awful time importing the flight plan.

Interesting - I've had no issues like that, maybe because I've always first imported the flight plans from Simbrief or Navigraph.  The only items I've used on the world map lately have been drop-downs for parking spaces.

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

6 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Glenn has already done a good job of describing some of the features - I just want to point out that this would not be for the TBM.  With the TBM and the WT g3000 mod, you already are in great shape.

What you will notice with the GTN 750 mod is that it will give you some of those same wonderful features you experience with the g3000, but in g1000-equipped aircraft, such as the glass-version 172, DA40, DA62, Bonanza G36 and the Grand Caravan.  It can also be adapted for other aircraft in some cases.

Here is the documentation: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/documentation.pdf

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

10 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Interesting - I've had no issues like that, maybe because I've always first imported the flight plans from Simbrief or Navigraph.  The only items I've used on the world map lately have been drop-downs for parking spaces.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I get it's beta and scratch built. Much respect to the developer for getting this far. I tried to work around the teething in game flight plan creating (lack there of)  issues by using the world map instead to create my IFR flight and it still didn't get it right. I'll check back in a few more releases.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

How can we tell when this is updated? Wile you can see the ver# on the website the download doesn't tell you what version it is.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

I'm not certain.  When I "purchased" the key for the premium version, which required a moderate registration, there was an option to sign up for their e-newsletter.  I went ahead and signed up, figuring they would use that to notify me of updates and other developments.

Randall Rocke