Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PMS50 GTN750 Mod - Just Wow

I just checked the mod as listed in my Addons Linker.  I'm not certain where it's reading it from, but it says I have version # 1.01.14.

Randall Rocke

I've flown a decent bit with the 650s and 750s in real life, and this one still has some work to do, but is looking really nice so far! love the integration with the Just Flight Arrow. Just hope we can get TCAS capability with VATSIM. so far it's not possible in any aircraft.

3 hours ago, RandallR said:

Glenn has already done a good job of describing some of the features - I just want to point out that this would not be for the TBM.  With the TBM and the WT g3000 mod, you already are in great shape.

What you will notice with the GTN 750 mod is that it will give you some of those same wonderful features you experience with the g3000, but in g1000-equipped aircraft, such as the glass-version 172, DA40, DA62, Bonanza G36 and the Grand Caravan.  It can also be adapted for other aircraft in some cases.

Here is the documentation: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/documentation.pdf

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I was actually just watching a YT vid last night to learn how to use the TBMs Garmin system, its very impressive whats out there for GA pilots these days!

10 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Compared to the default versions?  A few of the benefits -
- you can modify a flight plan graphically whilst flying by dragging the track on the map to add a new point

Not able to do that. I can see the the function on touchscreen but is not co-operating. Anyone ?

Thanks!.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

1 hour ago, SAPilot said:

Not able to do that. I can see the the function on touchscreen but is not co-operating. Anyone ?

Thanks!.

The real unit has this capability... but this simulation does not (as yet?)

• Like 2

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The real unit has this capability... but this simulation does not (as yet?)

Yeah my bad. I have seen it work that way on a real one and the functionality seemed to be available in the mod but I never actually tried to do it just assumed it was already implemented. Apologies for misleading people.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:36 PM, fppilot said:

What a travesty!  They are critical features for simulation.  Note I said simulation.  I have no interest in entertainment.  I just want a new, complete, and legitimate simulator.

Will this be good enough ? Its under 200

https://simulators.redbirdflight.com/products/ams

-> Has to do with the stated requirement of  " I just want a new, complete, and legitimate simulator"

Best regards

Edited by wlix261

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Since using this I’ve noticed an increase in CTD so I’ve removed it from my community folder and things have got better.  Anyone else see an increase in CTD?

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, wlix261 said:

Will this be good enough ? Its under 200

https://simulators.redbirdflight.com/products/ams

Best regards

????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Since using this I’ve noticed an increase in CTD so I’ve removed it from my community folder and things have got better.  Anyone else see an increase in CTD?

Yes...two crashes in the two latest approaches unfortunately, once with the DA62X and once with the DA40X.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

6 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I've also had CTDs with the GTN running.. not sure if it is the cause though..

Bert

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I've also had CTDs with the GTN running.. not sure if it is the cause though..

You need to disable the 530mod when using the 750 this will be fixed in the next asobo update.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

10 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

You need to disable the 530mod when using the 750 this will be fixed in the next asobo update.

Interesting.. where do you get that from?

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Interesting.. where do you get that from?

This is from the developer.

Carenado will soon publish some of its aircrafts with the GTN750 option.
There is currently a bug in the Sim’s code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.
Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May.
The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:

Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).
Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.
Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that
Do not touch any button of the GNS430
You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.
As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can’t do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo.

• Like 3

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

This is from the developer.

Carenado will soon publish some of its aircrafts with the GTN750 option.
There is currently a bug in the Sim’s code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.
Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May.
The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:

Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).
Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.
Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that
Do not touch any button of the GNS430
You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.
As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can’t do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo.

Thanks for the info but I can't be bothered with the faff, and I just forget these things so for now I'll keep it deactivated until the fix from Asobo 🙂  Thanks for the info though.

Thomas Derbyshire