Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PMS50 GTN750 Mod - Just Wow

I have not disabled the G1000 mod and this still works just fine. Wasn't aware there was a conflict.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

All of my original presets in AddonsLinker for g1000-equipped aircraft included the WT g1000 mod.  However, I ran into issues with the Bonanza mods when I left them in after adding the GTN750 folders (which may have had to do with the load order).  When I pulled the g1000 mod out of the Community folder the problems were gone and I was able to use the new unit

The first time I used this mod with the C208b I had also left the g1000 mod in, but there were no issues.  Considering that I only load what I'm going to use for each flight, I created new presets for  GTN750 versions (without the g1000 present) and all has been well.  For the Bonanza, I ended up with no engine instruments after avionics start-up if I left the g1000 mod in.

Randall Rocke

1 hour ago, Tektolnes said:

I had an issue with the code entry. I got I and l mixed up where I'd entered capital I but should've entered lower case L (or other way around don't remember for sure). My code was 1 digit short of max but that's fine. Worked fine after I got the code in right. 

Thanks for the info, I'll double check,  the token on the screen and printed out are very hard to read, (as is everything), maybe I did it wrong.  I tried 3 or 4 times, but who know.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, morso484 said:

Thanks for the info, I'll double check,  the token on the screen and printed out are very hard to read, (as is everything), maybe I did it wrong.  I tried 3 or 4 times, but who know.

Thanks

I had a lot of trouble and end up copying the code into notepad and changing the font type to a serif version.

In my case the issues were Capital Letter "O" versus "Zero"  and a mixture of Lower Case "L" versus Upper Case "i" versus the Number "1" .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I just installed this and I can't quite enter the departure airport when I setup my flight plan, it doesn't want to accept certain letters on the on screen airport.  I'm at CYLW Kelowna and I can enter the 'C' but not 'Y", just does nothing.  I can enter other airports I picked just fine, eg kbce.  Am I missing something here, I went through this thread but could not immediately spot anyone having similar issues.

24 minutes ago, stefaandk said:

I just installed this and I can't quite enter the departure airport when I setup my flight plan, it doesn't want to accept certain letters on the on screen airport.  I'm at CYLW Kelowna and I can enter the 'C' but not 'Y", just does nothing.  I can enter other airports I picked just fine, eg kbce.  Am I missing something here, I went through this thread but could not immediately spot anyone having similar issues.

No issues with letter "Y" here -

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Must have been gremlins, I tried it on the C172 first just Jaydee's add-on to install it there, no dice with several letters.  Tried it on the Piper Arrow, works there and then again on the C172 and it now also works there.   Restarted the sim again and I can't duplicate the problem anymore curently.

Cheers.

I had 2 crashes on approach on 2 flights with the premium version with charts and metar activated. I just completed my 3rd. flight with the basic one and no crashes, so, for me, this seems to be a more stable version.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, stefaandk said:

Must have been gremlins, I tried it on the C172 first just Jaydee's add-on to install it there, no dice with several letters.  Tried it on the Piper Arrow, works there and then again on the C172 and it now also works there.   Restarted the sim again and I can't duplicate the problem anymore curently.

Cheers.

My guess is for some reason you were not accessing the full list of available airfields?  AFAIK the GTN750 will only let you enter valid codes.

Whatever went wrong, good news it is now working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

I had 2 crashes on approach on 2 flights with the premium version with charts and metar activated. I just completed my 3rd. flight with the basic one and no crashes, so, for me, this seems to be a more stable version.

Try turning off messaging, apparently some people are finding the airspace warnings and messages re causing CTDs.

It may not hurt to advise the dev of when you got the CTDs .

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I had a lot of trouble and end up copying the code into notepad and changing the font type to a serif version.

In my case the issues were Capital Letter "O" versus "Zero"  and a mixture of Lower Case "L" versus Upper Case "i" versus the Number "1" .

Thanks, great suggestion, tried it and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, GCBraun said:

I think taking a fresh look at everything in a new platform like MSFS is always good. Yes, currently the native implementation has some shortcomings when compared with the GTN Trainer based one but, for me, it is more probable that we get the missing features with this enthusiast-led initiative, than Navigraph charts and data, WX radar and METAR on the RXP version.

i have not uses FS2020 since a lot, but last time, this radar only show clouds, so totally useless and unrealistic. A weather radar show precipitation, youhave to deal with cloud shadowing, play with tilt etc...the one i have used in FS2020 was a toy.(but perhaps they have change this since this time, i don't know)

Edited by nirgal76

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

18 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I agree - after 5 successful flights with the base version, I updated to Premium and she crashed on final.  Tried again and the CTD came mid-flight.  I deactivated Premium, went back to base and the next flight was beautiful: (on final into Fort Pierce, FL):

Final-FPR

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

14 hours ago, nirgal76 said:

i have not uses FS2020 since a lot, but last time, this radar only show clouds, so totally useless and unrealistic. A weather radar show precipitation, youhave to deal with cloud shadowing, play with tilt etc...the one i have used in FS2020 was a toy.(but perhaps they have change this since this time, i don't know)

Yes, Asobo said they are looking to provide the data for precipitation rather than clouds in a future update.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm having concerns about installing this gauge. I love the (Flight1) GTN 750, based on Garmins' own product, and have been using it for years BUT I'm old enough to remember back in the 80's and 90's that there were many litigations against smaller software companies stealing the "look and feel" of popular software. If this gauge has been sanctioned by Garmin then I don't have a problem. Does anyone know ??