Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Is there a way to get more small GA AI?

Hi all,

I'm just reinstalling P3Dv5.1.1 after a hard drive failure. 

I've edited VAsettings.xml with these settings:

<MaxParkedAircraft Value="50" />
 <MaxEnrouteAircraft Value="30" />
 <MaxActiveTerminalAircraft Value="20" />
 <TrafficGeneratedAtAllAirports Value="TRUE" />

Previously, I had a fair bit of all GA, but currently I seem to only get corporate jets.  Is there a way to get more single engine prop traffic?  Maybe I just need more single-engine flight plans?  I have the advance setting to auto-generate traffic to set level enabled, and traffic set to 90-100%.

And thanks Jay in advance - you're a rock star on this board!

TIA,CVG

Edited by Gridley
Jay is the best.
  • Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

The number of GA aircraft is dependent on the content of the flightplans contained in the AI schedule BGL files. There are three options for creating those schedules since AIG only provides airline and corporate BGL files:

1. The HTAI Cessna package provides models and schedules but one has to convert the models to P3d5 format. You can find converted models at the AIG website. Here's the HTAI package:

http://htai-models.com/projects.html

2. My Traffic 6 also had a worldwide small GA schedule BGL file but you'd have to use AIFP to edit the schedule to use P3d5 compliant models.

3. ORBX has a NA freeware GA package but it doesn't cover all airports. The good news is that it is a source of converted HTAI models.

4. You can also use AIFP to edit the default P3d5 AI traffic BGL file and delete all the commercial models and schedules. Then save it as a new BGL file.This is tedious but it doesn't require finding models that work in P3d5 as it uses default AI models provided with P3d5.

Unfortunately there are no easy solutions to getting more small GA aircraft to show up. It seems like the more AIG corporate GA traffic that is added, the less small GA traffic that shows up.

• Like 1

This is great help, Jay.  Thanks.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It seems like the more AIG corporate GA traffic that is added, the less small GA traffic that shows up.

Indeed, but I suspect that is a Vox spawn thing, given it preferentially spawns AI with GATE as the parking type & then dependent on those settings one has in VASettings / Advanced (since V743 I observe).

My current settings (& which seem quite universal) is to have no parameters in VASettings, Advanced Disabled, Slider at 100%.

I'll see 80 or more pax's & cargo's at the likes of VHHH & WSSS, more at ZBAA but far appropriately less (<15) at YBCS.... much as inferred by AIC of my AI inventory.

Nothing to do with GA though, but then their parking type / code should be "considered" somehow (sorry can't help more).

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Is there a "random traffic generator" that would take the models from Orbx and others and create random flight plans to/from every small airport in a region?  Or even a "real traffic" that would inlcude all GA and work with VoxATC?