Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Orbx NZ Mesh released!

22 minutes ago, kt069 said:

We are tired of addons, etc.

Speak for yourself...

16 minutes ago, The_Moose said:

Speak for yourself...

"We" does not include you, my friend. If you want to pay for addons, you can, for sure. It is up to you. I didi not include everyone, just wanted to mention the people who thinks like me. 

We can also pay for addons that are neccessary(suh as high quality airliners or whatever) but I was mentioning the ones that should be under developers responsibility as per ads, at the release.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

"We" does not include you, my friend. If you want to pay for addons, you can, for sure. It is up to you. I didi not include everyone, just wanted to mention the people who thinks like me. 

We can also pay for addons that are neccessary(suh as high quality airliners or whatever) but I was mentioning the ones that should be under developers responsibility as per ads, at the release.

We gathered by "we" you were using the royal prerogative as an elite [insert type of simmer here] and as you say Asobo have provided a sim that meets all  [insert type of simmer here] needs out of the box (aside from study level airliners) and therefore  [insert type of simmer here]  do not need to spend any money until study level airliners come along in a few years.

Meanwhile we. the riff raff, will spend our money wantonly and wastefully on whatever decadent addon makes the sim more fun.

As Baelin says, it's a nice day for fishing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kt069 said:

did quite well (seasons

No one has done seasons. Not in the way it worked in FSX.

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No one has done seasons. Not in the way it worked in FSX.

Yes, not perfect but somehow we have the seasonal trees, basicly.. As, I mentioned; Asobo could do better then the modders and professionally.

In general, I do not see anything wrong to expect a better sim from Asobo / MS.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Hopefully Asobo slowly but surely make the sim as perfect as possible and mods aren't necessary, but until they do, for those that want an improved experience I'm glad that mods are around. Think of it like an 'impatience tax' 🙂

1 hour ago, jaropsax said:

Hopefully Asobo slowly but surely make the sim as perfect as possible and mods aren't necessary, but until they do, for those that want an improved experience I'm glad that mods are around. Think of it like an 'impatience tax' 🙂

certain modifications can only be done manually and with lots of patience; not sure this is asobo territory

Does anybody happen to know how Orbx managed to minimize morphing? What‘s this new proprietary approach all about?

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

51 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Does anybody happen to know how Orbx managed to minimize morphing? What‘s this new proprietary approach all about?

I am far from being an expert on this, but apparently it is something to do with optimising the LOD. 

Different LOD levels come in at different ranges and this can be tweaked.  There is a trade-off between visuals and performance of course, and everyone hopes to find the sweet spot.

I still saw some morphing with this, but it was more difficult to be distracted by it as it seemed to be less often and more in the distance when I did see it.

The only down side for me is that some third party scenery and airports in New Zealand are not matching up perfectly with the mesh, and I can't see the developers re-tuning them for both Orbx and Asobo default mesh, so that is a bit of a stumbling block. 

This was mainly just experimental for me though to see what can be done, because if Orbx can reduce morphing, then hopefully Asobo can as well; it is their platform after all.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well, so much for all those boasting MSFS will negate all third party terrain and mesh add ons!

Orbx new slogan; “Where there’s a will there’s a way”!

LMAO!

Chris Camp

41 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Well, so much for all those boasting MSFS will negate all third party terrain and mesh add ons!

Orbx new slogan; “Where there’s a will there’s a way”!

LMAO!

Let us translate that for you.

If you merely want something substantially better for free then P3D or XPlane with addons  -  MSFS will negate all third party terrain and mesh add ons.

How supposedly intelligent people thought that MS were saying they were going to produce scenery that was a 1:1 reproduction of the real world so realistic that no further improvement was possible truly escapes me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Like what? I thought mesh is based on data.

no mesh; for example shorelines patches; or areas of bad photogrammetry need to be rebuilt with custom objects manually

4 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

certain modifications can only be done manually and with lots of patience; not sure this is asobo territory

It’s pretty clear to me, based on all their statements, they are not willing to fix things manually. 

But I wouldn’t be so sure they will never fix those issues we’ve seen on the scenery. The AI can do wonders. They’ve talked about an automated method to add watermasks on places with good imagery, for example.

Also, Jörg said several times he’s always looking for better data (elevation, photogrammetry, photoimagery etc). AI + better data + fixes for the engine itself and we can eventually see those fixed.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel