Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Orbx NZ Mesh released!

4 minutes ago, filou said:

The difference is huge for me but maybe you prefer to fly over the NZ default mountains of MSFS. Anyway, there is no obligation.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/207429-nz-mesh-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Sorry, dont take it the wrong way but all them stunning screenshots are pointless with out seeing like for like. Its not like we get new textures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I thought ASOBO/MS said in one of their Q&As a while back that they were working on a algorithm that was going to fix these issues globally?  Also, the issues of coastlines is on the fix list isn't it?

I confirm Asobo/MS is working on an improvement.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

19 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I thought ASOBO/MS said in one of their Q&As a while back that they were working on a algorithm that was going to fix these issues globally?  Also, the issues of coastlines is on the fix list isn't it?

In one of the Q&As (the one in Januar?) they said they were aware that the mountains needed some attention and they said they were working on something that might make them look better, but as far as I remember they weren‘t very specific. I think it was about the „roundedness“. I‘m sure that we‘ll see some improvement in this regard. The question is when. 

10 minutes ago, filou said:

The difference is huge for me but maybe you prefer to fly over the NZ default mountains of MSFS

So you‘ve bought it? Is the morphing gone? And how do the coastlines look?

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Sorry, dont take it the wrong way but all them stunning screenshots are pointless with out seeing like for like. Its not like we get new textures.

For me it's like a new mountain without a doubt but always with the deer absent on the mountain tops.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

3 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

In one of the Q&As (the one in Januar?) they said they were aware that the mountains needed some attention and they said they were working on something that might make them look better, but as far as I remember they weren‘t very specific. I think it was about the „roundedness“. I‘m sure that we‘ll see some improvement in this regard. The question is when. 

So you‘ve bought it? Is the morphing gone? And how do the coastlines look?

Take the time to watch and read

https://orbxdirect.com/product/nz-mesh-msfs

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

6 minutes ago, filou said:

Take the time to watch and read

https://orbxdirect.com/product/nz-mesh-msfs

I have already read it but I thought you might have tried it and could give us some first-hand impressions. It was just a question, nothing more.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Je l'ai déjà lu mais j'ai pensé que vous pourriez l'avoir essayé et que vous pourriez nous donner quelques impressions de première main. C'était juste une question, rien de plus.

I have shared a little over fifteen of my photos on this page and to be able to take pictures, I must have installed the product... If the photos are not sufficient for you to realize the difference go fly in NZ above the mountains by default. The product is excellent in this category. I don't know what to say besides that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filou said:

I have shared a little over fifteen of my photos on this page and to be able to take pictures, I must have installed the product... If the photos are not sufficient for you to realize the difference go fly in NZ above the mountains by default. The product is excellent in this category. I don't know what to say besides that.

I wasn‘t aware it were your screenshots, I hadn‘t looked at the username. My bad. From your comments I take it that morphing is no issue. But I refrain from asking again. Thanks anyway.

• Like 1

Well, who knows if it is a placebo effect, but I am happy with the change.  As Nyxx says, they are the same textures, but some of the peaks and ridges look better to me.

As for the morphing, it is still there, but I had to look hard for it and wait quite a while to spot a 'morph episode', but appears in the distance now where it is less noticeable, and it also didn't seem so severe, so for me this is improved also. 

I tested from Milford Sound across the mountains south-east to Queenstown, staying just above the mountain peaks or level with them.  I didn't see much movement going on at all in terms of morphing.  

My view is, I will now load New Zealand up with airports etc. from flightsim.to  and fly around there for a bit.  I was going to say until Asobo fix the morphing, but that might take quite a while!  :unsure:

I haven't given NZ a chance up to now anyway, so maybe it is time.  It is beautiful without a doubt.

PS. @filou  Really nice shots - that shows it very well!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

whew, that was easy...an ignore for filou

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I don't see Asobo releasing a WU just after a partner is selling a fix for a whole country.

I guess we are going to wait a while until we see an official australia / NZ WU.

2 hours ago, guibru said:

I confirm Asobo/MS is working on an improvement.

As Shack95 said above, at some point they did say they will make some tweaks to the algorithm to improve the rounded look of mountains, but I don't think they said anything in regard to the LOD issues. When they were asked about the terrain morphing in the last Q&A, they pretty much completely ignored it and went straight to the coastline issue, which they said still needs to be looked at but otherwise no ETA has been given for a true fix. They didn't seem to be aware of the morphing at all, the mountain seams bug received only a couple of responses by the Asobo community manager in its respective thread in the forums (asking for screenshots and co-ordinates), and nothing has been said on the landmark popping.

Unless you know something more than we do, fixing (or investigating even) those issues is extremely low on their priority list. If Orbx found a way to work around those issues, then it was only to be expected that they would swoop in with this series of add-ons. Yes, this is really something that Asobo should fix, but if they're not going to then someone has to do it.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

As for the morphing, it is still there, but I had to look hard for it and wait quite a while to spot a 'morph episode', but appears in the distance now where it is less noticeable, and it also didn't seem so severe, so for me this is improved also. 

Thanks for the insight! I presume this was at Terrain LOD set to 150, if you can check it out with a lower value it would be appreciated!

What I'm guessing is that Orbx found a way to work around the horrible shape retention of the default mesh. Now, imagine if on top of that Asobo reverted the LOD rings back to what they were like before the USA World Update. The morphing would be like totally eradicated.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bendead said:

I don't see Asobo releasing a WU just after a partner is selling a fix for a whole country.

Orbx did both London and Paris landmarks, but Asobo still did their own with the world updates. They didn’t cover all the same ones, but there was overlap.

Anyways the next WU is covering the Nordics.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bendead said:

I guess we are going to wait a while until we see an official australia / NZ WU.

Why not? They released the U.K. after their “partner” had  all ready released London landmarks. Etc etc.... 

• Like 1

Isn’t it funny how in the Asobo promo videos, we see no such morphing......