Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Free FSX Scenery Editor

Guest moonrunner

Has anyone tried to download the free FSX Scenery Editor fromAbacus? I tried several times and each time I click on submitorder, following their instructions, I am linked to apage thanking me for my order and thats it. No downloadlink or anything else. Also no E-mail from Abacus.

Stupid question, but did you select the download as a purchase? I did'nt at first and got the same response, but when I selected it and confirmed the order, I got it no problem. BTW it looks like fun, can't wait to try it!:-)

Guest moonrunner

I finally got the E-mail link. I just shouldhave waited awhile. Generally I get downloadlinks automatically in cases like this and Ijust thought something was broken. :-) Patienceis a hard watchword for me. ;-)

I love it!the SDK is quite funny to use (it takes a few minutes to get used to it!) and is very powerful.the Abacus tool is very smart and easy to use.just an advise...don't add to much flying birds in your sceneries, every bird kills 10 fps!! :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It is certainly very nice of them to offer this for free, but anyone who is not able to get it may be interested to know that it is not needed in order to place scenery objects.Please see this thread where we have discussed the matter:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=33537&page=The free tool offered by Abacus supposedly converts the output file to scenery format, but the FS X tool already creates this format - just click here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164942.jpgPerhaps Abacus just did not notice, like many of us.Best regards.Luis

>just an advise...don't add to much flying birds in your>sceneries, every bird kills 10 fps!! :-)I haven't tried adding any animated stuff yet but I discovered a flock of flying birds with no apparent performance hit when I added gen_watertower04 scaled to 2.000 to some scenery.Regards,Rick

I too have had some fun with this particular SDK. Just wondering about birds. If you place them in a particular area what radius do they fly in? Do you specify? Thanks.

Keith Sandford.