Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Any Steam discounts?

Hi,

does anyone know if steam dicounts are regularily available for MSFS? When could be the next discount?

The next Steam sale is mooted to be towards the end of June. However, according to isthereanydeal.com, it's never previously been on sale.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

I finally just bought it, so yes, it will be on sale shortly. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I finally just bought it, so yes, it will be on sale shortly. 🤣

Good one. Besides getting it via Game Pass, I don't think there will be any sale for awhile. I have no info, just don't think it will happen for a few years. Hope I am wrong though for other people, as I bought it through Game Pass on sale. Nothing but an opinion here, that's all! I don't even think they will put the Standard on sale at any time in the near future? Like years on Steam or the MS Store? Especially with the X-Box version this year! Want to make the most money on the versions of the sim as possible! Just guessing that is all.

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

word not allowed. I don't know how to proceed. I have a coupon for a local retail store valued 50 bucks. MSFS Premium Deluxe is sold for 99 bucks. So I had to pay only 45 bucks, for the Premium Deluxe version. However, it's boxed so I had to insert the word not allowed disc all the time, which I don't want. I don't even have a bluray player right now, so I only could use the download key for downloading the software from the ms store. Furthermore, I would prefer the steam version I guess, since it's better (not ideal) for privacy.

Any suggestions?

22 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

word not allowed. I don't know how to proceed. I have a coupon for a local retail store valued 50 bucks. MSFS Premium Deluxe is sold for 99 bucks. So I had to pay only 45 bucks, for the Premium Deluxe version. However, it's boxed so I had to insert the word not allowed disc all the time, which I don't want. I don't even have a bluray player right now, so I only could use the download key for downloading the software from the ms store. Furthermore, I would prefer the steam version I guess, since it's better (not ideal) for privacy.

Any suggestions?

Does the store sell Steam Gift Cards? If so drop the $50 on that then use it to get Premium Deluxe on Steam with the remaining $45 from your credit card. 

7 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Does the store sell Steam Gift Cards? If so drop the $50 on that then use it to get Premium Deluxe on Steam with the remaining $45 from your credit card. 

Thanks for advise. Good idea. Obviously they sell steam gift cards. However, MSFS on Steam costs 119$. So I had to pay 69$ like 24$ more than compared to the discounted retail boxed version. Of course I could than wait, until Steam is on sale, however, nobody know when that will happen.

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

Of course I could than wait, until Steam is on sale, however, nobody know when that will happen.

You could wait for the Summer Sale but I will be very surprised if this game goes on sale. If it does not I'll say without hesitation that $24 extra is worth it for not having the pain of needing the DVD in the drive. The things scratch easy, and you could misplace it. Of course if you're careful its doable using the boxed version but one less hassle if you get it on Steam.

25 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

You could wait for the Summer Sale but I will be very surprised if this game goes on sale. If it does not I'll say without hesitation that $24 extra is worth it for not having the pain of needing the DVD in the drive. The things scratch easy, and you could misplace it. Of course if you're careful its doable using the boxed version but one less hassle if you get it on Steam.

I have found this one:

Steam Sale 2021

• Steam Lunar Sale 2021 - February 11 - February 15
  • Steam Golden Week Sale 2021 - April 29 - May 6
  • Steam Spring Cleaning Event 2021 - May 20 - May 27
  • Steam Summer of Pride Sale 2021 - June 8 - June 24
  • Steam Summer Sale 2021 - June 24 - July 8
  • Steam Halloween Sale 2021 - October 28 - November 1
  • Steam Autumn Sale 2021 - November 24 - November 30
  • Steam Winter Sale 2021 - December 21 - January 4

So there will be some sales going on. I think, I will risk it, even loosing the discount on the boxed version. Maybe I will try to get the game pass for another 3 months for 1$. I have no idea if that will work, since I already used that, but I will try until I get a solid version of it.

@737_800 if you have an X-Box Series X then you might wanna consider getting MSFS from the MS Store as I gather the PC version includes the console version when it comes out. Or maybe this applies only with Game Pass? I dont know much about it. Just a thought if you plan to play it on console also.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-coming-to-xbox-series-xs-summer-2021/