Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Some issues with the CRJ in MSFS

Great to see the MCE-FO handle the CRJ!

Issues so far:

- cabin altitude / landing elevation is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- decision height is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- elevator / stab trim is confirmed verbally as "... percent", the trim moves a little, but isn't set properly.

- flight director on / off is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect

- stab trim and mach trim engage is not recognized

- yaw damper engage is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect.

Nevertheless I am enjoying the CRJ even more now! Thanks!

On 5/12/2021 at 7:20 PM, RALF9636 said:

Great to see the MCE-FO handle the CRJ!

Issues so far:

- cabin altitude / landing elevation is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- decision height is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- elevator / stab trim is confirmed verbally as "... percent", the trim moves a little, but isn't set properly.

- flight director on / off is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect

- stab trim and mach trim engage is not recognized

- yaw damper engage is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect.

Nevertheless I am enjoying the CRJ even more now! Thanks!

Yes I noticed these items Ralf. If you look the trim switches do actually depress. I believe Ben is aware. The Mach trim won't action until the Stab Trim Channels one and two are actively engaged.

Of critical importance is that we have previously loaded the CRJ then reboot the sim with CRJ. If you mix the previously loaded aircraft and then load the CRJ, apparently there are some variables that aren't set right and MCE can't find the correct variables.

It's not MCE at fault, apparently the way Asobo aircraft are coded means the variables arn't flushed out like they were in FSX/P3d. Rather complicated, if you ask me? 🙃

Edited by charlie130
Typo

Here is one more issue I found (using the CRJ and PF3):

The MCE-FO does not set COM frequencies ending with 2 or 7, like 124.22. The frequency is not changed at all in the CRJ in that case. The reason probably is that the CRJ - unlike many other aircraft - does not accept 124.22 but requires 124.225 (when entered in the FMS).

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Here is one more issue I found (using the CRJ and PF3):

The MCE-FO does not set COM frequencies ending with 2 or 7, like 124.22. The frequency is not changed at all in the CRJ in that case. The reason probably is that the CRJ - unlike many other aircraft - does not accept 124.22 but requires 124.225 (when entered in the FMS).

It's more to do with MSFS having introduced 5 khz spaced frequuencies, when the usual Simconnect SDK only lets you incement/decrement by 25 khz.

Until they update it, right now Fo will dial those he can and will let you handle the others.

I believe PF3 has an optional mode where you could use the older frequencies databse if you wish. Those, Fo will handle all the time and with ANY plane, even unsupported ones.

• Like 1

Here is new issue after the latest update of MCE and the CRJ (MCE 2.9.20 and CRJ 1.0.5.):

There are no callouts on takeoff anymore (80, V1 etc.). Instead the FO only calls out "60" as if he considers it to be the rollout after landing.

It worked fine before the latest update.

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Here is new issue after the latest update of MCE and the CRJ (MCE 2.9.20 and CRJ 1.0.5.):

There are no callouts on takeoff anymore (80, V1 etc.). Instead the FO only calls out "60" as if he considers it to be the rollout after landing.

It worked fine before the latest update.

Call-outs are only made when Fo "sees" you're taking off. Among other things he looks at throttle lever position which is peculiar with this plane.

If using hardware throttles, try re-caibrating the axix.

Are you using other tools to do that?

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Call-outs are only made when Fo "sees" you're taking off. Among other things he looks at throttle lever position which is peculiar with this plane.

If using hardware throttles, try re-caibrating the axix.

Are you using other tools to do that?

I am using a single axis throttle setup, assigned in MSFS and calibrated via the CRJ EFB. No other tool used for the throttle.

How about taking the press of the TOGA button into account for the recognition of the takeoff phase?

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

ress of the TOGA button into account for the recognition of the takeoff phase?

I'm afraid that wouldn't work.

People can hit F3 repeatedly or just move thottle forward

I know the code was tweaked recently to account for reported CRJ throttle position reading, notably when moving from full power to climb detent. Could revert to previous implementation.

Hello,

I am having the same issues with the aerosoft CRJ - I hear the call out for speee, heading, and altitude but they are not set … it seems that only the knobs ( increase, decrease speed etc) are not working , the actual buttons (alt mode, speed mode, etc) do work and are selected when I call them… I did what is suggested in this post with no luck , any other ideas as to why this may be happening ? Thanks!