Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

v2917 & T7's (pmdg)

Recently updated the T7's (v1.11.12010) & in parallel MCE's (v2917).

All seems well (voxkey,voicescripts,checklists,commands etc.) except neither NumLock nor ScrollLock are muting MCE.

The UI's mic icon is, but not those options. Interestingly, when I toggle the mute key option in the UI, it notes "I have chosen ScrollLock etc." (& as well the config file shows NumLock enabled, no mention of ScrollLock)

Your thoughts please.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, vadriver said:

Recently updated the T7's (v1.11.12010) & in parallel MCE's (v2917).

All seems well (voxkey,voicescripts,checklists,commands etc.) except neither NumLock nor ScrollLock are muting MCE.

The UI's mic icon is, but not those options. Interestingly, when I toggle the mute key option in the UI, it notes "I have chosen ScrollLock etc." (& as well the config file shows NumLock enabled, no mention of ScrollLock)

Your thoughts please.

Will be checked just in case.

It's one of those where you make a choice, then later discover other addons are using that same key and change the system to accomodate, leading to confusion because Documention wasn't updated.

The keys are captured in Prepar3D. FSX when they have focus.

MCE for MSFS, Prepar3D, FSX uses the Numlock as the default key to mute all MCE reco.

MCE for X-Plane uses ScrollLock as the default, because NumLock is used by ChasePlane like plugin for X-Plane.

It's possible to choose either that suits you (except with MSFS).

Need to change a setting in "fsInsider.ini" inside \Prepar3D v4ORv5\ installation folder

[OPTIONS]

CatchNumLock=1      (Enable this if you want Numlock to be the preferred key. It is enabled by default in MSFS P3D and FSX, subject to user enaabling feature in UI)
CatchScrollLock=0    (Enable this if you want ScrollLock to be the preferred key. It is enabled by default in XPlane, subject to user enabling feature in UI)

ScrollLock isn't a suitable alternative with MSFS because ATC menu window show/hide uses that.

Gerald

Thanks ..... but still no joy (P3D453).

Needed to include those [OPTIONS] parameters as they weren't included in my full v2197 install.

Tried 1 for NumLock, 0 for Scroll ... & the reverse thereof alongside in both alternatives mce.ini's MutesReco=1 (as set by the UI) to "try" the respectives.

As before still UI Icon toggle works irrespective of fsInsider / Num / Scroll selections.

& to add, MCE v2900 was fine in this, just a tad scratchy with the T7's ECL & callouts ... so decided to update MCE (?)

Edited by vadriver
xtra details

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

Gerald

Needed to include those [OPTIONS] parameters as they weren't included in my full v2197 install.

Tried 1 for NumLock, 0 for Scroll ... & the reverse thereof alongside in both alternatives mce.ini's MutesReco=1 (as set by the UI) to "try" the respectives.

As before still UI Icon toggle works irrespective of fsInsider / Num / Scroll selections.

& to add, MCE v2900 was fine in this, just a tad scratchy with the T7's ECL & callouts ... so decided to update MCE (?)

Thanks for reporting this. Next patch should restore usual behaviour.

13 hours ago, vadriver said:

Gerald

Some time ago, you mentioned Fo going back to Status page wasn't ideal for you.

Can you remind me which EICAS page you'd like Fo to settle for automatically after ECL reading session is complete?

We'll have it as an option for the T7

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thanks for reporting this. Next patch should restore usual behaviour.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Can you remind me which EICAS page you'd like Fo to settle for automatically after ECL reading session is complete?

We'll have it as an option for the T7

Thanks for your news .......

re the ECL ..... as before & still

• On completion of a checklist, the display reverts to the Status page momentarily, then blanks & doesn't close to the VC display. I'd prefer it to revert to the AIR page in the VC.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, vadriver said:

Thanks for your news .......

re the ECL ..... as before & still

• On completion of a checklist, the display reverts to the Status page momentarily, then blanks & doesn't close to the VC display. I'd prefer it to revert to the AIR page in the VC.

Should be sorted in this patch

Manually replace all files, including "dcErrors.dll" (which is where that confusing message regarding ScrollLock came from).

To set the "Air" synoptics as your default Eicas page after ECL session, add the following option to "mcpmd77X.ini"

[OPTIONS]

DefaultEicasPage=4

Edited by FS++

thanks gerald .... the "ink is still wet" as i download & will report.

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

"mcpmd77X.ini"

gerald

where is this ??

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/13/2021 at 5:35 PM, FS++ said:

Need to change a setting in "fsInsider.ini" inside \Prepar3D v4ORv5\ installation folder

[OPTIONS]

CatchNumLock=1      (Enable this if you want Numlock to be the preferred key. It is enabled by default in MSFS P3D and FSX, subject to user enaabling feature in UI)
CatchScrollLock=0    (Enable this if you want ScrollLock to be the preferred key. It is enabled by default in XPlane, subject to user enabling feature in UI)

Gerald

Still no joy ....... after adding the above (except the opposite as my preference is ScrollLock).

As before, I note that these parameters were not included "to change" with v2917.

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, vadriver said:

Still no joy ...

Apologies ..... I was expecting to see the UI Icon / InfoText change as a mute indication.

It works fine on CatchScrollLock=1, just not as seen before on the UI. A keypress will change the UI mic if the UI is not in focus 🤔

so, if you can point me to mcpmd77x.ini, i'm sure that will work ...... the ECL is closing to VC & showing / holding the STAT page (without  DefaultEicasPage=4)

for now, cheers

john martin

8 hours ago, vadriver said:

Apologies ..... I was expecting to see the UI Icon / InfoText change as a mute indication.

It works fine on CatchScrollLock=1, just not as seen before on the UI. A keypress will change the UI mic if the UI is not in focus 🤔

so, if you can point me to mcpmd77x.ini, i'm sure that will work ...... the ECL is closing to VC & showing / holding the STAT page (without  DefaultEicasPage=4)

The mcpmd77x.ini is expected in \Prepar3D v4Ov5\MCE dlls\ folder.

If you can't find any, it's because you didn't need one so far.

Create a text file "mcpmd77x.txt" inside that same folder. and add the following lines to it

[OPTIONS]

DefaultEicasPage=4

Then rename ""mcpmd77x.txt" to "mcpmd77x.ini"

Gerald

Success .... thanks for your help.

for now, cheers

john martin