Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Tesla and Toyota Partnership.

Tesla and Toyota could be the perfect combination; they can make a car which can drive itself to the scrapyard. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Tesla and Toyota could be the perfect combination; they can make a car which can drive itself to the scrapyard. 🤣

Well... my wife's 10 year old Camry has been perfectly reliable. 

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

1 hour ago, stans said:

You cant beat Japanese cars for reliability.

Or can you...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stans said:

My 23 year old Camry is still running like a Swiss watch! :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 minutes ago, n4gix said:

My 23 year old Camry is still running like a Swiss watch! :laugh:

Now if you could get it running like a car...

You were waiting for that weren't you?

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

You were waiting for that weren't you?

Well, that or something similar... :nangis:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I must say the Mazda CX5 I had was great. I would certainly buy another Japanese car. Only had one issue with it fixed under warranty. My next car with be electric though I think. 

EVs are going to receive a big boost in public take-up once this technology scales-up:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltaylor/2021/05/13/ev-range-breakthrough-as-new-aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than-lithium-ion/

(My emphasis)

Range anxiety, recycling and fast-charging fears could all be consigned to electric-vehicle history with a nanotech-driven Australian battery invention.
The graphene aluminum-ion battery cells from the Brisbane-based Graphene Manufacturing Group (GMG) are claimed to charge up to 60 times faster than the best lithium-ion cells and hold three time the energy of the best aluminum-based cells. They are also safer, with no upper Ampere limit to cause spontaneous overheating, more sustainable and easier to recycle, thanks to their stable base materials. Testing also shows the coin-cell validation batteries also last three times longer than lithium-ion versions. GMG plans to bring graphene aluminum-ion coin cells to market late this year or early next year, with automotive pouch cells planned to roll out in early 2024.
[...]
The new battery cells are claimed to deliver far more energy density than current lithium-ion batteries, without the cooling, heating or rare-earth problems they face.
[...]
There is also a massive geopolitical, cost, environmental and recycling advantage from using aluminum-ion cells, because they use hardly any exotic materials.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

EVs are going to receive a big boost in public take-up once this technology scales-up:

Yep. As I mentioned in a previous post, there are all manner of amazing battery technologies in the lab.

I think solid state will be the first to arrive though, prototype production lines are already up and running.

Then there's Toyota's solid state battery almost here.

• Like 1