Sign in to follow this  
BlueSwurl

Sim loses FPS only when taxiing

Try going into slew mode and move at the same speed as you would taxi.

You could make it really interesting by using an avatar which has a near-zero impact on performance. If you still get the problem report back but LM should be notified really.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Try going into slew mode and move at the same speed as you would taxi.

You could make it really interesting by using an avatar which has a near-zero impact on performance. If you still get the problem report back but LM should be notified really.

Slew mode did not produce the same loss in FPS, however i did note that slew mode puts the aircraft slightly off the ground, which technically puts the plane in a 'flying' state which doesn't trigger the bug.

Avatar mode, however, did not see the same loss in fps. Running at around 3-4 knots did not see a drop in average fps. It stayed at around 90-100.

Christopher Bourke

Still rocking P3DV4.5 | I7-9700KF @ 3.6GHz, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz RAM

A quick update for you chaps, I had the issue temporarily resolved by deleting my shaders and cfg, yet the issue still happens only in the FSLabs, been tearing my hair out all evening over this.

Christopher Bourke

Still rocking P3DV4.5 | I7-9700KF @ 3.6GHz, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz RAM

1 hour ago, BlueSwurl said:

A quick update for you chaps, I had the issue temporarily resolved by deleting my shaders and cfg, yet the issue still happens only in the FSLabs, been tearing my hair out all evening over this.

And yet another. Been here for around 2 hours just testing on repeat. I've narrowed it down to it being a problem native to the Fslabs, and here's why:

By deleting my shaders, config, and putting the correct GPU settings in Nvidia Control Panel, the default aircraft and PMDG no longer suffer from the same problem. However! We go into the FSLabs, and it then has the problem with the FPS, and what's worse, is that all other aircraft in the sim are now affected.

I will make a post on the forums about this, but for now, i'll try one more DDU clean with the latest Nvidia drivers tomorrow, and then i will repeat the same steps to see if anything has changed with the FSLabs, if not, then i will know it is a problem on their end.

• Like 1

Christopher Bourke

7 hours ago, BlueSwurl said:

and putting the correct GPU settings in Nvidia Control Panel,

That bit attracted my attention. What did you change? There’s a setting about allowing Maximum Performance. That should be enabled but I haven’t touched any others.

It sounds like when you load the FSL Airbus it then has a negative impact on all other aircraft. One for their support team I suspect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That bit attracted my attention. What did you change? There’s a setting about allowing Maximum Performance. That should be enabled but I haven’t touched any others.

It sounds like when you load the FSL Airbus it then has a negative impact on all other aircraft. One for their support team I suspect.

Maximum performance and Shader Cache also off, I then delete shaders and config and the FPS is fine for all other aircraft except the FSlabs, truly strange issue. There's a couple threads on the actual forums reporting severe FPS loss when they start moving, and I've got one of my own as well. I might need to contact support directly sometime.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Bourke

Hi,

Have a look at the FSLabs forum.

Some users are reporting a severe frame rate drop once the aircraft starts moving, and that is with the latest version, Have you updated?

Earlier in the year some folks had frame rate drops due to a bad windows update which got resolved by a further windows update!

Edited by norman s
Post Crossed

Just now, norman s said:

Hi,

Have a look at the FSLabs forum.

Some users are reporting a severe frame rate drop once the aircraft starts moving, and that is with the latest version, Have you updated?

Earlier in the year some folks had frame rate drops due to a bad windows update which got resolved by a further windows update!

I have also updated to the latest version, but this issue has been happening to me since December, most notably in February. I do have a Windows update pending right now, but I'm not sure if that would fix it or break it some more.

Christopher Bourke

Gents, i'd like to say that this problem has been significantly improved with a recent windows update, bumping FPS in PMDG's to 60+ all around somehow, and in the FSLabs it gave me 30-35+ stationary!

However, whenever i move with the FSLabs the problem still happened, but at least now i get 20-25 FPS stable in the VC. I've definitely got this down to a problem with the fslabs itself.
It did also affect my PMDG's, but after testing with both at FlyTampa EHAM, the PMDG still gets 30+ FPS stable, and the FSLabs still gets 20-25 FPS stable all around.

I think now it's best to just look at the large thread posted on the FSLabs forums which has a few others experiencing similar issues, and i will keep watch of that for any developments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Bourke