Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fslabs released a320/321 SL

The most important picture ( FSL web page announcement ) is the last one ... 🙂

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Pretty good value for what it is to be honest. It is the best Airbus you can get for a PC sim.

I actually didn’t realize at first that you do NOT need the A321 to use the SL... factor that in and I’m getting an updated A320 and an all new A321 for the price of 80$! Seems like great value indeed! Though I can see that if you already own the A321 it may not be quite as attractive...

• Upvote 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

9 minutes ago, squerble said:

I'm sorry, but how? A321 was released, what, 18 months ago? At $59. And the A321SL comes in a bundle making it effectively $40. So even cheaper for more innovation, and for one of the best sims you'll get outside of hitting up a Level-D sim, at a cool $500/hour? FSL offer monstrous value for money, IMO, especially for us mere mortals with desktop sims.

Glad you have more money than sense. 

Already paid 210 USD + taxes for the pleasure of flying the A321, another 60 USD for this upgrade just feels like a slap in the face from FSL. I really don't care how good it is.

Edited by rocketlaunch

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

3 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Glad you have more money than sense. 

Already paid 210 USD + taxes for the pleasure of flying the A321, another 60 USD for this upgrade just feels like a slap in the face from FSL. I really don't care how good it is.

I see that we'll forever be at odds here. But you paid $210 and got both the 320 and 321, and then you've paid another $60 for an expansion of the 320 base pack with more features, not an upgrade. And don't forget FSL have committed to bringing some of those features back to their wing tip fence variants, so even better value for money!

53 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

If you have bought the A321 from them recently this feels like a massive slap in the face from FSL. 

Wow...

Imagine putting every hour of your working day into building line after line of code, pushing harder to raise the bar for us (yet again). Its been more than 18 months of work for a team of around 10 developers, many of whom have dropped their careers to focus on this full time (and most people are grateful for it!). 

I don't walk into a tech shop and expect to walk out with a next generation computer for free because I bought one 18 months ago... 

If you don't want it, don't buy it. 

I see you posted in another thread in April:

"Flight simmers are never happy, there is always more and the world is not enough."

Perhaps that will make you feel better about your slap in the face 😛

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, squerble said:

I see that we'll forever be at odds here. But you paid $210 and got both the 320 and 321, and then you've paid another $60 for an expansion of the 320 base pack with more features, not an upgrade. And don't forget FSL have committed to bringing some of those features back to their wing tip fence variants, so even better value for money!

Your logic is interesting but flawed, if I had waited and given FSL no further money for the A321 expansion a few months ago then I could have had the SL A321 now for the all in price of 200USD. As it stands I have to pay them 260 USD as an existing customer. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Teeray said:

Imagine putting every hour of your working day into building line after line of code, pushing harder to raise the bar for us (yet again). Its been more than 18 months of work for a team of around 10 developers, many of whom have dropped their careers to focus on this full time (and most people are grateful for it!). 

I don't walk into a tech shop and expect to walk out with a next generation computer for free because I bought one 18 months ago... 

If you don't want it, don't buy it. 

Thanks I really did not need a lecture in business plus I might add I have supported FSL and bought every one of their products to date. 

Edited by rocketlaunch

2 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Thanks I really did not need a lecture in business. 

Now that feels like a slap in the face 🙂

I don't own any of FSLabs addons. So if I want the A321 sharklets all I need is the A320X base pack for $140 plus the A320/321 SL for $80 for a total of $220 and that would give me an A320 with and without sharklets and an A321 with sharklets. Is this correct?

1 hour ago, rocketlaunch said:

Your logic is interesting but flawed, if I had waited and given FSL no further money for the A321 expansion a few months ago then I could have had the SL A321 now for the all in price of 200USD. As it stands I have to pay them 260 USD as an existing customer. 

So you are mad because you bought the A321 VERY late in its development cycle even knowing the sharklets were coming?  That's always a risk with late cycle purchases.  I expect people should get paid for the work they do.  I've spent only an hour in the EFB of this new product.  It's amazing.  If freeware is your thing, you will probably be very happy over in MSFS.  Tons of it.  But I can appreciate quality and am happy to pay for it.  Some of the best products in flight simulation are still coming out for P3D.  I see this as a good thing.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

23 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

I don't own any of FSLabs addons. So if I want the A321 sharklets all I need is the A320X base pack for $140 plus the A320/321 SL for $80 for a total of $220 and that would give me an A320 with and without sharklets and an A321 with sharklets. Is this correct?

Yes, the A321 SL expansion does not include the original A321; it would render the original A321 an obsolete product at that point if the SL came with the original A321. 

Edited by arwasairl

46 minutes ago, micstatic said:

So you are mad because you bought the A321 VERY late in its development cycle even knowing the sharklets were coming?  That's always a risk with late cycle purchases.  I expect people should get paid for the work they do.  I've spent only an hour in the EFB of this new product.  It's amazing.  If freeware is your thing, you will probably be very happy over in MSFS.  Tons of it.  But I can appreciate quality and am happy to pay for it.  Some of the best products in flight simulation are still coming out for P3D.  I see this as a good thing.  

Wow, I was just saying that it would have been nice if FSlabs gave their existing customers some consideration although I can see they don't have to with customers such as yourself. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Wow, I was just saying that it would have been nice if FSlabs gave their existing customers some consideration although I can see they don't have to with customers such as yourself. 

There are some devs I gladly pay for. And some I don’t. Fly the maddog is another example. I’ll literally spend more at one dinner with my wife 

Edited by micstatic
  • Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Here we go again…..

I have some deja vu’s 🤪

26 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I’ll literally spend more at one dinner with my wife 

Thanks. I was waiting for this argument to be said.

Cheers :)

N.-