Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fslabs released a320/321 SL

23 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

we have all bought p3d v5 for a hefty price tag.  a year down the line we cant taxi over bridges, and ill say in a year from now we still wont be able too either.  However No one slates LM, (heaven forbide on this forum)

If you have an issue with P3D the place to report it is the LM forum. They read all posts but don’t reply to many.

I don’t consider around 45GBP “hefty”. Considering it gives me a few years of enjoyment it’s reasonably priced and in line with what Microsoft used to charge many years ago for FSX and its predecessors.

I’m fairly sure I can taxi over bridges. I have Orlando which has them and don’t recall any issues. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

people have been buying pay to beta trash for the last 10 years on  FSX, P3D, XP11,MS2020 and never moaned.

I could reel off 10 pay to beta piles of junk products that cost more that the sharklets update and people have lapped them up and bought them and never critise them.

people are flying a Neo in MS2020 that cant fly properly for 89.99 

people are paying to fly a CRJ that flies in circles, landing at Aerosofts GVA onto  4R (that doesnt exist, using a ils freq that has long been discontinued) no one baits aerosoft about it, they get a free pass.

people are flying into Kos, Tegal, and EDI at night with 15 FPS  and quite happy about it.  No one baits Orbx about it.

people are logging their hours with PACx and using Ultimate Live traffic or Traffic Global when all 3 are no completeted.

More fool them.

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Yet what FSL offer is high quality, fantasic addons,  are they more expensive than a aerosoft a330??  of course they are.  you get what you pay for in life.

If people want cheap tat then head over to xp11 and fly the zilbo or the aerosoft buses.  what andrew and his team offer is high end addons, which means you have to pay for it.   Theres no such thing as a free lunch.

Agreed and I have spent 100's of dollars with Andrew and his team. Not sure why you feel the need to get on your high horse and lecture me as if FSlabs are some flight development gods. I am entitled to my opinion and feel ripped off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you have an issue with P3D the place to report it is the LM forum. They read all posts but don’t reply to many.

I don’t consider around 45GBP “hefty”. Considering it gives me a few years of enjoyment it’s reasonably priced and in line with what Microsoft used to charge many years ago for FSX and its predecessors.

I’m fairly sure I can taxi over bridges. I have Orlando which has them and don’t recall any issues. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140885&start=45

I believe it was first mentioned some 6 months ago.  Let's see if its fixed in the next patched version. 

The likes of fsl, and pmdg would of fixed something like that in 6 weeks. They feel embrassed about it.  but no you get the same cut and paste answer  "we wil look into it"

The standard of FSL is fantastic, if the other developers (such as aerosoft,orbx) released quality tested high end products like the FSL, this community would be amazing, but they dont, they release bug hidden gash.  

thats my opinion im afriad.  when they start tidying up their act,  ill stop banging on about it.

Just saying. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

does anyone of you experience a significant FPS drop with the new busses ? Or maybe its my Windows dev version i can't get rid of 😬

Yes. I did a quick circuit around KDFW (FSDreamteam) with default clear skies and had extremely low frames given the circumstances.

35 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

More fool them.

Agreed and I have spent 100's of dollars with Andrew and his team. Not sure why you feel the need to get on your high horse and lecture me as if FSlabs are some flight development gods. I am entitled to my opinion and feel ripped off. 

I'm just stating the obvious. 

I never bought the a321 but I can see your point in a way. 

14ppkc-6.png

I have no issue with the price, as I have all of the PMDG birds and love them. I am a bit concerned about performance and also am not certain if I would fly the Airbus enough to justify the purchase. I have pretty much every commercial jet made for P3d along with the Majestic Q400, so I would really have to convince myself I would use the bus a lot. So many planes, so little time.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 4

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

11 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I have no issue with the price, as I have all of the PMDG birds and love them. I am a bit concerned about performance and also am not certain if I would fly the Airbus enough to justify the purchase. I have pretty much every commercial jet made for P3d along with the Majestic Q400, so I would really have to convince myself I would use the bus a lot. So many planes, so little time.

Cheers, Pete

then don't do it, after you tried you won't never fly other airplanes hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

24 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

then don't do it, after you tried you won't never fly other airplanes hehehehe

nah.  I went thru that phase.  After a while flying the Airbus can get a little boring.  Much fewer tasks than other planes.  I mean I still like it, but not so much that it's all I want to fly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

nah.  I went thru that phase.  After a while flying the Airbus can get a little boring.  Much fewer tasks than other planes.  I mean I still like it, but not so much that it's all I want to fly

Other aircraft feel like I'm babysitting them, looking after them. In the Airbus, it feels like the airplane is babysitting me. In other words, in a Boeing you tell the airplane what to do while the Airbus tells you what to do. And then there's the MD-11, which tells you what it has already done.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I have no doubt it is good quality. That said version 160 is excellent. My question is the added immersion worth $100 (CDN) to me? Don't know and other than mainly rants about the cost there's little info here. I quite like the 319 (what a cool, capable machine!) and it would have been great to have it included in the SL package. I will wait a few weeks, let whatever bugs show up and get patched, listen to further comments then decide whether to buy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Yep, the variety is what keeps it interesting. I do have the Aerosoft A320 and A330 and while I know that the FSL bus is far superior, those do for the most part suit my needs. Of course the the thought of a new toy makes my wallet a bit restless.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I also bought everything and I like the Fslabs airbus a lot and don't mind supporting quality payware.

The only thing is that I really hope the weather system is going to improve in the next update for Prepar3d, after flying with MSFS weather the EA is really disappointing at the moment and don't want to go back to the old 2D clouds.

It really misses the feeling of flying in and out of complex weather systems even with Active Sky.

Let's hope 5.2 bring great weather otherwise......................

Edited by rob0203
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, rob0203 said:

after flying with MSFS weather the EA is really disappointing at the moment and don't want to go back to the old 2D clouds.

This is literally me. I was so close to buying v5 and continuing down the P3D road but it's just not there for me at the moment.

Luckily FSL still support 4.5 so I go back to it from time to time. It's a great aircraft. I don't see myself buying the SL though, too expensive for me and I probably wouldn't put enough hours into it to get my money's worth. Had MFS not come out, then it would be a no brainer. Alas I am stuck. Maybe P3D v6 will be the next version I buy, maybe I will never buy another version, who knows.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I' beyond disappointed how this (and other) threads have/always turn(ed) into debacle over price/cost.  I was hoping we'd see some great screenshots. Or tips/tricks. Maybe some performance info. both computer and aircraft technical.  We are well overdue for a great Airbus ETOPS tutorial.

Just another thread adding to web trash.     

• Like 5

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home