Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fslabs released a320/321 SL

On 5/14/2021 at 4:40 AM, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks, definitely not cheap but it still has me thinking. I have always been more of a Boeing guy but this does look very good.

Cheers, Pete

On 5/15/2021 at 12:21 AM, PilotPete99 said:

I have no issue with the price, as I have all of the PMDG birds and love them. I am a bit concerned about performance and also am not certain if I would fly the Airbus enough to justify the purchase. I have pretty much every commercial jet made for P3d along with the Majestic Q400, so I would really have to convince myself I would use the bus a lot. So many planes, so little time.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete,

I have/had over 1000 hours in the FSL and what I can say with also having the PMDG NGu that it was 90% of the time FSL, 10% NGu.

I also would like to point out you NEED GSX v2 for the FSL. Becasue the intergration and how the two work togeather puts PMDG in the shadows big time. Nothing comes close to FSL/GSXv2 combo. It really will show you a level you have not seen before. I will warn you that after getting into the airbus, that I was not a fan of and loved the NG far more. There is really no turning back but untill you get some flights in with the FSL then I can understand why you would question  my thoughts. Becasue it will take over any thoughts of flying anything else. From entering the VC to taxing is simply breathtaking.

About performance, for me the FSL was the same FPS as the PMDG NGu, well the FSL was 2-3 better. Am sure it runs even better these days.

Its out of date now but am sure my walk through will still give you a good idea what to do and when to do it and what the FSL brings.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/20497-walkthrough-guide-including-aocatsu-flows-for-a319-a321-updated-7th-jan-2020/

I hope you all enjoy the best moden airliner money can buy.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Pete,

I have/had over 1000 hours in the FSL and what I can say with also having the PMDG NGu that it was 90% of the time FSL, 10% NGu.

I also would like to point out you NEED GSX v2 for the FSL. Becasue the intergration and how the two work togeather puts PMDG in the shadows big time. Nothing comes close to FSL/GSXv2 combo. It really will show you a level you have not seen before. I will warn you that after getting into the airbus, that I was not a fan of and loved the NG far more. There is really no turning back but untill you get some flights in with the FSL then I can understand why you would question  my thoughts. Becasue it will take over any thoughts of flying anything else. From entering the VC to taxing is simply breathtaking.

About performance, for me the FSL was the same FPS as the PMDG NGu, well the FSL was 2-3 better. Am sure it runs even better these days.

Its out of date now but am sure my walk through will still give you a good idea what to do and when to do it and what the FSL brings.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/20497-walkthrough-guide-including-aocatsu-flows-for-a319-a321-updated-7th-jan-2020/

I hope you all enjoy the best moden airliner money can buy.

Thanks for this summary and the walkthrough, I do have GSX v2 since it came out, so at least that part is covered. I am still strongly considering picking up the FSL A320 because my curiosity is getting the best of me. It definitely sounds like a phenomenal bird.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks for this summary and the walkthrough, I do have GSX v2 since it came out, so at least that part is covered. I am still strongly considering picking up the FSL A320 because my curiosity is getting the best of me. It definitely sounds like a phenomenal bird.

Cheers, Pete

I don't think you would regret it.  it's a wonderful aircraft.  My only problem with it these days is I just don't really enjoy fly by wire aircraft as much as I used to.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

28 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I don't think you would regret it.  it's a wonderful aircraft.  My only problem with it these days is I just don't really enjoy fly by wire aircraft as much as I used to.  

That’s really the only think that’s holding me back too. I also wouldn’t need all of the variants because I am not a fan of the 321. I really do enjoy hand flying, even in the heavies. Something to think about.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

I also wouldn’t need all of the variants because I am not a fan of the 321

Well, then you are in a good situation, as you don't have to buy A321-X and A321-SL, or A319-X if you don't like it either.
You only need A320-X to fly the A320 offensive initials not allowed, and if you want the A320-SL, you have to buy it additionally.

I, for instance, love A321, so I fly it almost exclusively. As you may guess, in this case the whole series cost me quite a lot.
I even bought A319-X, knowing I would not fly it in future, just because, when released, it offered great new features which were only to come later to its bigger sisters.

All in all, as David (and many others) mentioned, the main 'problem' with the FSLabs buses is that when you try them and get hooked, you find it extremely hard to fly anything else.
I even sent my other two all-time favourites, Leonardo MD-82 and MJS Q400, to the virtual hangar, stopped upgrading and updating them, and... thinking about them. 😌

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I started to put my flights into a little system which takes me about 1-2 month before rotating to another plane. FSLA3XX is properly the 2 month plane 😄 This can be broken offcause but to get tha hang of all the systems.

Anyways  - every serious flightsimmers -  GA or jets should at least try out the A320-X before we end 30 feet beneeth. Amazing aircraft and handling.

The Latest -SL is even better but i still enjoy the A319-X .

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

That’s really the only think that’s holding me back too. I also wouldn’t need all of the variants because I am not a fan of the 321. I really do enjoy hand flying, even in the heavies. Something to think about.

Cheers, Pete

I'll toss in my 0.02$ as someone who virtually doesn't fly anything else other than the 737 (PMDG NGXu) and A320 (FSL), splitting my flying time equally.

The difference between the two that decides what I want to fly on any given day are the differences in Airbus and Boeing philosophies rather than the fidelity of the simulation, since both are on a very high level, so it comes down to personal preference of the aircraft types for me. I enjoy the change that comes with switching from one aircraft to the other, managing the aircraft in a different way and following different procedures.

While I enjoy both in this regard, I still slightly prefer the Boeing way because while I marvel at the automation and at how much the Airbus can do by itself, there is significantly less to do, which can be boring at times. This ranges from system management to manual flying. While you would, for example, still manually manage systems such as fuel, hydraulic and air systems throughout the flight in the 737, you basically don't touch the overhead at all in the Airbus after a few button presses initially during pre-flight setup except for lights and twice for the APU. This might seem trivial, but there is more workload in this regard in the 737 which for me makes it more fun to manage.

Flying the thing follows more or less the same principal. It feels very relaxing and comfortable to manually fly the Airbus using that side stick while being 'looked after' by the FCCs. This, however, can also become underwhelming at times considering the aircraft does all the trimming for you entirely and you don't even have to re-adjust attitude hitting turbulence and gusts a lot since even that is largely automatically corrected by the FCCs, even when flying manually. Basically, you could fly an Airbus with just two fingers. The 737 on the other hand is a whole different beast in terms of manual flying that will test your flying skills at lot more and flying an entire approach down from ~ FL150 manually feels more rewarding to me than it does when I do that in the A320. In the end, it comes down to whether one prefers more action or a more laid back style of flying; in other words, it's the more traditional way of things that puts the pilot in the front seat versus the more automated approach that tends to put the pilot in the back seat sometimes. Both have their merits and are fun to experience in the sim.

Immersion-wise I consider the addons to be on pretty much the same level with about the same amount of bells and whistles as long as one owns GSX to provide automated ground services for the FSL A320 like PMDG do with their in-built auto ground ops. The GSX integration in the FSL A320 is indeed sublime, but since you get the same automated feature in PMDG birds, I don't see this is a deciding factor. That's why I shared my aircraft type specific experience instead because I think that may be more of a deciding factor.

In any case, you can't go wrong with the FSL A320. It's fantastic and if you enjoy PMDG birds, you'll enjoy this one, too. The difference in design and philosophy of the real aircraft is just something to keep in mind.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Greetings. It's now about a year later from the last posting here. Just wondering if any would comment on their thoughts after a year with the Sharklets versions. Thanks.

As per usual with FSLabs, they are great. Don't hesitate to get them if you're thinking about it. Anything particular you were curious about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

As per usual with FSLabs, they are great. Don't hesitate to get them if you're thinking about it. Anything particular you were curious about?

I have the  319, 320, 321 regular versions, really enjoy them and still been kicking around the thought of adding the sharklets. just went through this thread and came across one feature I would probably really enjoy and that is being able to jump ahead in the flight. Trying to ensure there's enough interesting features that will make it worthwhile over the regular versions that have I currently have.

As Tina Turner once said , "simply the best , better than all the rest" 😎

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

8 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I have the  319, 320, 321 regular versions, really enjoy them and still been kicking around the thought of adding the sharklets. just went through this thread and came across one feature I would probably really enjoy and that is being able to jump ahead in the flight. Trying to ensure there's enough interesting features that will make it worthwhile over the regular versions that have I currently have.

The Jump Ahead feature is really nice. The EFB is also very nice, it’s very tightly integrated with the ATSU and GSX as well which makes operations even more user friendly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, this is a very interesting thread.   

I had the A320/321(Not the 319) and just bought the 320/321-SL today....   After  flying the PMDGs for years, and i went through HNAC, Feelthere, Aerosoft & FSL buses, there is nothing dissapointing for me about the 737,  BUT i wish i could install the NGX from P3DV4 to P3DV5.... So I got the FSL-SL Buses bundle and paid 90 for both and all the addons work already with it(GSX, FS2C etc), definitely is a great investment.

MSFS is good, but im studying to achieve my CAX certificate and all realsimgear and addons thingies are way more developed for P3D yet(even my academy´s simulator uses P3D) so im going to use this sim a lot more than expected.    

Also, a contribution for the developers is always a good point pay attention to, i wish FSL lands into MSFS in a near future when it becomes more like a mature simulator IMHO.

So, welcome Sharkies!  Lets save some money and get some happy flying/studying hours on the journey to CAX!  😅

spacer.png

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

8 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

BUT i wish i could install the NGX from P3DV4 to P3DV5

It's pretty easy to do this - you just need a couple of registry tweaks which are easy to reverse once done and the PMDG Ops centre will install products and liveries without any issues. I have the NGX and the DC6 working just fine in v5 although the one feature of the NGX that you have to forgo is the weather radar. You can however get wind data in the flight plan from ActiveSky. The HUD works and the performance is great. The lack of PBR doesn't really bother me too much, just not prepared to pay for the NGXu given how much better the FSLabs A320 is for a similar price.

• Like 1

Alrighty then!     I guess im studying too mutch...  🙂    Let me try that and see what happens.   

Well........ for the while, i will be very busy..... may be tomorrow 😇

spacer.png

Happy Flying!

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556