Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonVeezelsnider

FSX Patch?

There seems to be 2 updates coming in the future. One is a performance update and the other a vista/dx10 update. No details available as of this time concerning either content or availability.Ian.

I was also wondering about this too, Phil wrote that it would come (or we'd hear about it) after the 1st of this month..and it's half way through Jan...I hope they have something special planned ;)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

you could pass out.What does that have to do with the FSX patch?bt

Guest victorwest

>I was also wondering about this too, Phil wrote that it would>come (or we'd hear about it) after the 1st of this month..and>it's half way through Jan...>>I hope they have something special planned ;)He actually says "..sometime after the 1st of the year, and by that I mean after January." ;-)

Guest nels

I really hope they can address most issues with this. I wish they would update fsinsider.com with patch details.Nels

ah darnit he did say AFTER Jan!! crap!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>ah darnit he did say AFTER Jan!! crap!>>Darn it !!This can very well mean March...al

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Because then they wouldn't be able to get feedback like what you just gave.As an addition, after having the beta from FilePlanet and seeing the release version firsthand, I did not nor will not purchase for the 1st time in franchise history until performance can be better on my state of the art PC.

Guest babua

>Look at your system specs!! What are you getting from FSX?Frustration, what else? Coming to the patch what will it address? Those gigabyte of files which clogs up everything on its way? or better support for multi core? Both of these look major rework. My guess is, they'll iron out the mem leak issue and tone it down to fs9 level.8gb of bmp files fighting for your monitor space with one CPU as the sole arbitrar just does not fly anymore!

I understand the desire for information, so let me give out a little bit.We are working thru the set of tasks we identified for SP1, are getting closer to closure and a final test pass, and should have more to say as far as details in the next couple of weeks. The only things I can say is:a)we are not toning down the experience and b)we are aiming at a targetted set of perf and content fixes. In terms of DX10, we have continued to make progress albeit slow. So DX10 will be after SP1. How far after SP1 remains to be seen, but its not a matter of weeks after since we still have serious feature work to do. Once SP1 ships and we get fully into DX10 development and a sense of velocity then I can start to talk to DX10 timeframes. One thing I will commit to doing soon after SP1 ships is walking the community thru the FSX "magic screenies" for DX10 and explaing what features Aces sees in those. Fair enough?