Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Another PA28 from Just Flight

But come on guys...other than the retractable  gear what are we really talking about here in terms of important difference's between the arrow and warrior and about 15kts in speed?

Are any of you who already own the arrow really going to buy the warrior now?...or would some of you really hold off on the arrow because you were actually waiting for a warrior?

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sweet! That is what I do my real word flying in. Looking forward to it!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Owning the Arrow III I just don't need the Warrior, as I don't need the Turbo Arrow/Arrow 4.

I'd want their Dove, Falke_SF25, C-119 and C-46 (I enjoy them in P3D).

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I feel the same.  JF is getting stuck on one model when time could be better spent on something else.  

Yeah I get they're trying to profit from the MSFS success but this is getting a bit long in the tooth

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

. I can't see any reason that someone that now owns the Arrow, would want to buy the Warrior.  

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This is a little bit like complaining that Ford is wasting time bringing out yet another variant of the Mustang when what we really want is an Electric SUV.

Clearly if they have done all the hard lifting to get an acceptable Arrow III to the market adding some variants for people that want a Turbo IV or a warrior is a minimal effort compared to building an entire new airframe/cockpit /FM for a different aircraft altogether.  It makes good business sense to get a few variants out there which take maybe a few weeks work.

I very much doubt the target market is people that own the Arrow III. This is a variant for the people that are saying "I want a Hershey Bar Warrior not an Arrow" .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really don't think JF is expecting the anyone who bought the Arrow III would be a customer for the Warrior (funnily enough I keep referring to the Arrow as a Warrior because I flew one I guess) although with the FS community you never can tell! 

P.S. Or the Turbo Arrow come to that.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Nice but it's like downgrade. I want higher, faster! 🙂

Ditto.  Does look nice but "meh." 

Bring out the turbo bonanzas (analogue gauges please), golden eagles, lancairs, king airs etc

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wish they would have done the warrior II 1st.Thats the only piper I have stick time in (oops, I meant yoke of course)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I did most of my PPL training in a Warrior. But I’ll skip this one. As others have mentioned, it’s somewhat unexciting compared to what else is available. Besides - already have quite a few GA aircraft that I fly regularly - a combination of default/modded, freeware and pay ware. 

I don’t mind more variety in MSFS however. To each their own. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I did most of my PPL training in a Warrior. But I’ll skip this one. As others have mentioned, it’s somewhat unexciting compared to what else is available. Besides - already have quite a few GA aircraft that I fly regularly - a combination of default/modded, freeware and pay ware. 

I don’t mind more variety in MSFS however. To each their own. 

Thing is .. if MSFS and this Warrior were available back when you were training for your PPL in a Warrior would you have bought it ?

That would seem to be a good part of the market for that plane, people currently training in a real one.

I do not see it having much appeal to people trying to just build up a collection, especially if they have the Arrow.  Personally I only had maybe an hour or two in Warriors back when I was still flying, so I am not overly tempted to buy it myself,  it does not have a lot of nostalgia value for me personally.

However it will be a very quick conversion for JF so I can see why they feel there is enough of a market to justify bringing one out.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

36 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Bring out the turbo bonanzas (analogue gauges please), golden eagles, lancairs, king airs etc

ah, be still my heart 😁

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Thing is .. if MSFS and this Warrior were available back when you were training for your PPL in a Warrior would you have bought it ?

Without a doubt. Was using FSX at the time of my training, and although simming gave me some advantages, I actually had to unlearn a number of habits. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Without a doubt. Was using FSX at the time of my training, and although simming gave me some advantages, I actually had to unlearn a number of habits. 

Yep ... I was banned from sims temporarily by my instructor in my early training.

Most of the bad habits I had picked up were related to landings:

- lining up the centre line of the runway with the centre of the windscreen instead of the yoke (too many hours flying 109s for the Reich ) .
- nervous about pulling yoke back enough in late flare
- a tendency to plant the nose wheel with forward yoke rather than holding off for longer
- nervous about applying full power before rolling on take-off (the 109s again)
- kept my head in the cockpit too much and was far too focussed on the instruments, especially near the ground

Some of the problems came from too many unsupervised hours and some were related to inaccurate behaviour of sim aircraft compared to real ones.

On the positive side, the sims gave me good basic stick and rudder skills, good instrument skills and good basic navigation awareness.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick