Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Another PA28 from Just Flight

I guess simming gave me more advantages than disadvantages. RL training taught me to keep my eyes outside the cockpit, adjusting throttle by changes in engine pitch sound, judging the descent profile from the shape of the runway. 

You’re at YARM @Glenn Fitzpatrick? I did parts of my training at YCFS, went to Armidale a few times. Good memories.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, hangar said:

ah, be still my heart 😁

I'd even take a Carenado C90 (with the old ProLine 4 I think).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

22 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Or maybe Carenados KA 350 with the WT PL21.

Dave.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I guess simming gave me more advantages than disadvantages. RL training taught me to keep my eyes outside the cockpit, adjusting throttle by changes in engine pitch sound, judging the descent profile from the shape of the runway. 

You’re at YARM @Glenn Fitzpatrick? I did parts of my training at YCFS, went to Armidale a few times. Good memories.

Landed at YCFS a few times back in the day. The aeroclub used to have a lovely restored C152 and some sort of Alpha Romeo race car parked in the hangar.  I think they fly a Jabiru these days.

43 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

you know something?

I had the Carenado b200 in XP10, and I loved it LOL...so yea, I'd take one of those puppies right now for msfs (or the C90, either one).

To be fair though I do believe that plane was a bernt stolle fde 😂

Edited by hangar

12 minutes ago, hangar said:

To be fair though I do believe that plane was a bernt stolle fde 😂

Yeah I think it was.  He did nice work!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I trained on the Warrior  and a 152 prior to my solo. Liked the 152 better. 

Exactly. I also had time in a brand new Tomahawk. I opted the fly the C150 (old enough to have the flap handle between the seats) whenever it was available. Still, the Warrior is a very nice aircraft.

Did my PPL training mostly in the warrior. I also bought their P3D Warrior some years ago. If there are significant modifications and improvements (I never managed to flood the engine for example, it always started) I will be very interested. 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Give me a floatplane version of the PA28 and I will gladly open my wallet, but to me the Warrior is more interesting than the Turbo version of the Pa-28.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I won't be needing this now...  I just found this...

https://flightsim.to/file/14737/jf-piper-arrow-iii-g-sixt

:smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, SAS443 said:

Did my PPL training mostly in the warrior. I also bought their P3D Warrior some years ago. If there are significant modifications and improvements (I never managed to flood the engine for example, it always started) I will be very interested. 

Another low wing soul! LOL I did my entire initial training in PA28s. In fact I didn't fly  Cessna 172 until I got my private certificat! Now of course things change!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

So you're going to fly the Arrow around with the gear down? 🙄

Maybe.  My plane, I can do what I like!  😆

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Maybe.  My plane, I can do what I like!  😆

You don't even have to pay the repair bills 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

My plane

Better look after it. Even though it's freeware, there's been reports of planes missing from people's hangars lately :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”