Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

26th May 2021 Developer Q&A: Post Your Questions

The next Developer Q&A stream on Twitch will take place on 26th May, and you can now post your questions over at the official forums so they can be considered for inclusion.

You can post the questions in this forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/dev-q-a-submit-questions/256

The rules have been posted in here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines/401137

• Like 3

@ChaoticBeautyI assume you are ChaoticSplendid over on the official forum? Voted for your morphing question. I hope this time they comment on it. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Got my vote, too.

Not sure if it's as simple as adapting the ORBX method, but they have to fight terrain morphing in some way - finally.

Kind regards,  Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

morphing do not occur everywhere; some areas more than other; nz is an area where morphing is minimal

13 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

morphing do not occur everywhere; some areas more than other; nz is an area where morphing is minimal

I think happens especially in areas where they introduced new high-res mesh.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

35 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yeah, that's a big heck yeah on that one...lol

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

55 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Excellent - Voted!

How on earth they can put so much work into getting turbines right first, when the ground handling/crosswind model is awful and affects ALL aircraft is beyond me.

Then again, Aerosoft (or Aerosoftobo as I call them) have a Twin Otter turbine in production don't they... there you go.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The community always asks some awesome and important questions as well highlight some technical findings, only to see Martial Bossard act surprised and completely clueless on the topic of the questions like he’s never seen a flight sim before.

He promises to follow up or update us on the next Q&A, which never really happens of-course so we all end up back to square one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

This posting focuses on wind. I am not an expert on flight physics, but I find nearly all planes (at least the small ones I fly) have a tendency to terribly break out to the left or right directly after landing, even with minor (and I think even no) wind present. So I'm not sure if it's a pure wind effect or more.

I've never landed a real GA plane myself but I don't recall this behavior from any other simulator I've flown so far.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

This posting focuses on wind. I am not an expert on flight physics, but I find nearly all planes (at least the small ones I fly) have a tendency to terribly break out to the left or right directly after landing, even with minor (and I think even no) wind present. So I'm not sure if it's a pure wind effect or more.

I've never landed a real GA plane myself but I don't recall this behavior from any other simulator I've flown so far.

Kind regards, Michael

P3D has the same issue, just not as pronounced.  IRL...no...you'd flip the wing first, and you would have to be in some pretty strong crosswinds for that to happen.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I posted about the tree draw distance.  Please vote on this if you agree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Tendency for clockwise rotating propeller is quite normal . So right rudder is attribute of many no wind take offs. The amount of rudder though varies from airplane to airplane. Some more powerful engine will generate stronger torque and slistream so they needed to be properly trimmed prior take off otherwise there could be not enough rudder authority . Milviz Corsair comes right to mind!

However, other than rudder bit sensitive MSFS presents another problem. Say no wind condition airplane taking off little right rudder to keep centerline. More speed more right rudder. Now, let say we have direct crosswind 15 kts. Airplane now will be push to the right and wind will want to lift left wind. So we put aileron to the wind (yoke to the left) and  some rudder to the left so wind wouldn't push us to the right. Instead in MSFS if wind comes from left instead of left we press right rudder because airplane tends to weatherwine. Meanwhile wethervaned airplane starts pushing tail and nose to the wind; hence, we weering left and right fight wind drift and compensating for weathervane!

My point is airplane should wethervane only when they become airborne right after lift off. Then we call it "crab" - nose pointing toward wind and we try to offset drift by offsetting heading toward the wind.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI