Sign in to follow this  
fclaass

Landing roll in the air

Hi,

I have been using PSX See Con traffic for a first time since a while. What I notice is, (I have only looked at EHAM), traffic seems to be landing in the air and doing their landing roll in the air as well. Weird thing is that when they come off the runway they are usually on the right altitude. Any idea what might be wrong here?

realtraffic.png

If all aircraft do that, the airport altitude of the airport that you are using might not be correct.

If you use P3D and FlyTampa you better use my EHAM.xml.

If it is just one or two it might be a data provider problem.

I am using your EHAM.xml.   Almost all aircraft float along the runway until the point they are already exiting the runway, that's where they touch down. 

37 minutes ago, fclaass said:

I am using your EHAM.xml.   Almost all aircraft float along the runway until the point they are already exiting the runway, that's where they touch down. 

What version are you using?

You mean EHAM.xml?  The one you uploaded to your website today 🙂   I am now spotting at LPPT, all goes well there, so it indeed seems to be a problem with Amsterdam (maybe the data in Amsterdam?).  When I look at Realtraffic radar, it states taxiing aircraft at -210 feet. Maybe there's a problem there?

No i meant the version of PSXT.

Btw, i have no problems at EHAM today...

Edited by kiek

19 minutes ago, fclaass said:

🙂   When I look at Realtraffic radar, it states taxiing aircraft at -210 feet. 

That's fine. RT gives altitudes at qnh of 1013 (flight level). PSXT corrects that for the actual qnh.

Well I see no strange things at EHAM this morning. Could you post the utc time if you see  a landing roll in the air? Then I can shift time back to it and have a look.

BTW: One thing that could cause this, although then you should see it at every airport, is a corrupted  ..AppData/Roaming/PSXseeconTraffic/avg_heights.txt file. Just delete it and PSXT will start fresh with the defaults for 87 types and continues to adjust these numbers to your liveries.

Thanks for your reply! I will test this in the coming days. Furthermore thanks for this majestic piece of software 

Hello Nico,

i test it with the eddf.xml from your HP, the same, i go back to version 22.5, the same, i change to ADSB data with the same result.

can it be that the problem is the missing QNH? it is in red letters with =? on both programms, ADSB and yours

regards Pete

Edited by peter_fuss

Regards Peter

from ETHL

1 hour ago, peter_fuss said:

can it be that the problem is the missing QNH? 

Yes.

Hello Nico,

today the QNH is back and all Planes are on the ground 😉

have a nice sunday

regards Pete

Regards Peter

from ETHL

Hi all,  after uninstalling and reinstalling everything, traffic at EHAM is normal again (altitude-wise).  However now at LPPT, traffic is landing in the ground.. 😞

However, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing lack of data in Realtraffic:

- When switching to Spotter Mode in Realtraffic, a get a lot more traffic than when I have ' PSXT '  selected.

- There seems to be a lot of interruptions in data compared to last week.  Traffic is showing up, then disappearing, showing up again  (especially when taxiing out or landing/vacating the runway).  Anyone else noticing this?     I am spotting from LPPT

lppt.png

Edited by fclaass