Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Sign that FS-Labs will begin working on a new Concorde soon

When you check this thread on the FS-Labs forum about the newest release of the Sharklets verions of the Airbus, you will see the following written by Lefteris:

"and ... on to the next one:"

FSL_Conc.jpg.3d5d602d9ea75d1108dd466b78a

Hopefully, the team will now get to some serious work.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

and ... on to the next one:"

Do you want to seethe it in action?, be sure you have your headphones on !

Y

Edited by polosim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Hopefully, the team will now get to some serious work.

Work on the 64-bit Concorde has been on, then off, then on again for around three years now. The minimal information they give out is both repetitive and somewhat insulting to those of us waiting patiently for some substantive news that extends for more than two sentences.

Clearly they have a flyable version capable of supersonic flight but the impenetrable wall of silence on progress remains. They claim to have a great love for the aircraft. I know the lead developer has but the project manager has a strange way of showing it.

I fail to understand why a few paragraphs on the work completed and what remains plus some screenshots are so difficult to put together. It would mean so much to many of us.

Earlier this year they announced it would be available this year. When that was pointed out a hasty correction was made saying it “might” be released this year. We still have six and a half months remaining so don’t hold your breath on flying it in 2021.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I share your sentiment regarding the communication (or lack thereof) between FSL and those who are waiting for a new Concorde. However, we must not forget that FSL were putting all of their resources on the finalization of the sharklet versions of the Airbuses, giving them little time for other projects. Now that these versions have been released, we can hope that FSL's will fully shift their focus towards the new Concorde. I know that FSL announced and hinted at the work on it a while ago, but I just wanted to point the statement "and ... on to the next one", which is a signal to me that this time, they may be serious about it. Whether they will release the airliner this year is a different question; but knowing that they are tackling the development is something that should give is some confidence.

@Afterburner, the trouble is we have no idea who is working on what. I know Andrew does the Concorde flight modelling but does he do the Airbus work too? If so then he may have not touched Concorde in months. Hopefully now he has the green light to devote 100% of his time to that although there may well be minor bugs to fix with the latest Airbus release.

FSL advertised for programmers some time ago. I wonder if any were employed. There seems to be an enormous amount of work for very few people. I have no idea how many others as well as Lefteris and Andrew are employed on this type of work. I readily accept they have no obligation to tell us of course.

Lets hope that statement is right and all resources are now directed towards Concorde. None of us are getting any younger.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They could do worse than sign you up as PR manager for the project, Ray.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png