Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 13th, 2021 - Development Update

MAY 13TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Zurich-Steeler2340.jpeg

Zurich –  Screenshot by Steeler2340

Sim Update IV Community Testing is underway! We have already started to collect feedback from experienced simmers and pilots alike. The hope for this test is to catch any possible regressions and to test all the new features and bug fixes coming out in the next update.

Our next monthly Dev Q&A is coming up on May 26th at 10:30 am PDT! Feel free to submit a question for them here.

This past week, Microsoft Flight Simulator was inducted into The Strong’s World Video Game Hall of Fame! Here is a video from Jorg Neumann talking about this incredible moment:

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version. Most recent update:

DR_hyt543.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

a67uj9.jpgb9kh8.jpgck9g4g.jpgd7n3gj.jpgejm45j.jpg

KEY:

SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)

WU = World Update

ASAP = As Soon as Possible

TBD = To Be Determined

Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates

Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on

Planned = Scheduled to be worked on

Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue

Not Planned = We will likely not work on this

Started = Work as started on this item

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 05/09, we have now approved 176 (+10) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and so far 85 (+1) have released 364 products (+8).
  • In total, 934 products (+39) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 333 products (-8) from 3rd party developers are in production (203 announced, 130 unannounced). In total, over 1,267 3rd party products (+31) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 792 airports (+22) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 586 airports (+23) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 303 airports (+8) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 98 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 108 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 150 aircraft (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 38 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 23 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 90 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 295 sceneries (+11) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 280 sceneries (+12) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 23 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 15 sceneries (-1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 30 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 30 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

SDK UPDATE

• General
    • The AnswerHub Q&A platform should go live within a month. We are experiencing some delays because we are collecting forum topics from the past 30 days to import into the platform and due to the website configuration.
    • The 3rd Party private section of the forum will then be turned into read-only mode once the AnswerHub Q&A platform goes live.
    • We fixed empty CG that was incorrectly set from user values.
  • Documentation
    • We cleaned up the SampleMaterials sample.
    • We edited the Missions documentation.
    • We added a new tutorial for airport creation using the Airport Creation Wizard.
    • We made a major update to the Project Editor section, especially Marketplace Data & Exporting.
  • Dev Mode
    • We are now ready to release the new Visual Effects editor, in a Beta version, with the next release.
    • We fixed a bug where recent projects list was not loaded when opening the Project Editor.
    • We added an “Open Recent” menu in the DevMode tool bar.
    • We added “Enable Terraforming & Water Flattening” in the DevMode option.
    • We added more precise gizmo control with shift key.

MARKETPLACE

Today there are 20 new products and 9 updated products in the Marketplace.

20 NEW PRODUCTS

image001-1-1.png

image002-1-1.png

image003-1.png

image004-1.png

image005-1.png

image006-1.png

image007-1.png

image008-1.png

image009-1.png

image010-1.png

image011-1.png

image012-1.png

image013-1.png

image014-1.png

image015-1.png

image016.png

image017-1.png

image018-1.png

image019.png

image020.png

9 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image021.png

image022.png

image023.png

image024.png

image025.png

image026.png

image027.png

image028.png

image029-1.png

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

Tomorrow, join us for a guided tour around New Zealand with ATR pilot and flight simmer zkdos! And next Friday, May 21st, welcome back TheFlyingFabio for another group flight. More details to come.

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “My House”. The winner is featured above. Below are our runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Movie Magic.

Last challenge’s Finalists:

Planet-Earth-2-ScenicAtol3300.jpeg

Planet Earth – Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300

England-BobbyFuzzy.jpeg

England – Screenshot by BobbyFuzzy

Canary-Islands-Perretoso-scaled.jpeg

Canary Islands – Screenshot by Perretoso

Brighton.-England-MarcG888.jpeg

Brighton. England – Screenshot by MarcG888

Planet-Earth-ScenicAtol3300.jpeg

North-Rine-Westphalia-Jannik207.jpeg

North Rine – Westphalia – Screenshot by Jannik207

Halifax-Canada-gopensgo291.jpeg

Halifax, Canada – Screenshot by gopensgo291

Mexico-City-Mexico-Zerch00.jpeg

México City, México – Screenshot by Zerch00

Stoke-on-Trent-AgreedCashew361.jpeg

Stoke-on-Trent – Screenshot by AgreedCashew361

Mt-Hood-Dave00155.jpeg

Mt Hood – Screenshot by Dave00155

Oyten-GymmeFyve-scaled.jpeg

Oyten – Screenshot by GymmeFyve

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 5.20

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 12

Once again, nice job @ChaoticBeauty. You are the Development Update King 🙂 That heart screenshot is pretty good!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 4

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Excessive icing effects (plus off option)

Thank god...

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

A timely 🌲 this time.

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No wonder they're calling their Marketplace as vibrant!  They will post any and all of that MSFSSceneryBuilders word not allowed on their marketplace, duping every purchaser and walk away with sweet profits.  Maybe you guys can look into FSXcenery and Brazil Land Games as well, they're real low-effort scenery factories.  The profit potentials are unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

This was just uploaded and added to the update post

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

This was just uploaded and added to the update post

it is very good to see these innovations being used by MFS,

& it seems that we can look forward to a whole suite of upgrades & improvements over time,

cheers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greg073 said:

No wonder they're calling their Marketplace as vibrant!  They will post any and all of that MSFSSceneryBuilders word not allowed on their marketplace, duping every purchaser and walk away with sweet profits.  Maybe you guys can look into FSXcenery and Brazil Land Games as well, they're real low-effort scenery factories.  The profit potentials are unbelievable.

Why would they prevent people from selling on the market? We as players have the option to buy or not buy. Don't see why it's such a problem because Ms and third party are trying to sell their wares to make money 😒

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Greg073 said:

The said they would NOT check items in the Market Place, aka do the Apple App store thing. Or I guess the better way to put it is have RULES about quality. Neither do the other E-Commerce sites for other sims. I got one or two from another sim store, it has an X in it and an org. 🙂 As well as a market place trying to sell the default MSFS King Air 350 from MSFS not long ago and rebrand it. Me thinks it got pulled, but not sure. So it's also not just the Market Place. But surely or hopefully they would see one of their planes being rebranded. Although there are some freeware items that when you install them, look just like say the 172 G1000, but has it mod's also. Which I assume is legit if they don't try to sell it. Or it is even alright if they use the Avionics? I'm not MS/Asobo so I don't know.

We could always make a bad purchase from anywhere. If we do ( which was my case with the other sim X-Cub ) , I got excited and also got screwed, in my opinion. But I did buy it right when it came out. So my fault! Also other people might think it is fine. So there is that!

My first and only MSFS purchase from the MarketPlace, the CRJ-500/700ER by Aerosoft. I bought after a few days to see reviews and comments. Some loved it, some not so much! I really, really, like it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, styckx said:

Thank god...

Where is the Excessive Icing Effects OFF option? All I see is On Or Visual Only?

2021-05-14_01-08-02

Edited by in2tech

Weird, I can‘t find LSGG Geneva on the marketplace.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

Where is the Excessive Icing Effects OFF option? All I see is On Or Visual Only?

You did see the bit about SU4 release against that item? 😉

• Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

11 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

You did see the bit about SU4 release against that item? 😉

My bad, sorry! Coming end of this month!

15 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The hope for this test is to catch any possible regressions and to test all the new features and bug fixes coming out in the next update.

MSFS : a New Hope

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

MSFS : a New Hope

Luke, I am your simulator!  

I notice it does say 'several releases' for a few of the items.  Lets just hope it doesn't take them nine attempts like Star Wars did just to end up in a steaming pile of sheet at the end! 😀

In all seriousness, maybe I am a fool, but I do hold out hope and optimism for the updates, and the sim has been relatively well behaved lately.
If they could concentrate on the scenery morphing, LOD (including trees - which strangely doesn't seem so bad either these days - maybe I am getting used to it!), and things like the annoying 50% throttle on pressing the escape key bug that some people have, I would be fairly happy.  The technical updates (turboprops etc.) will happen anyway.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.