Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

No Cold and Dark Start

I normally start with engines running on the runway, but decided to do a cold and dark start but when I select a parking spot, the airplane is powered up w/o the engines running.  Doesn't matter what airplane I try it's always the same thing.  So I took out all of  my community folders, restarted FS and still the same thing.  No airplane will start cold and dark.  I'm beginning to think the unthinkable.  Maybe I'm going to have to do a reinstall.  Anyone have any ideas other than a reinstall?  Also anytime I try to turn a battery or generator off it's like they are loaded in the spring position.  They will not turn off.  I dread doing a total reinstall....

Edited by RodgerC

possible keybinding interference or overlap?  what peripherals/controllers plugged in? 

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Your wanting this correct? This is the X-Cub at a parking space loaded at KTEX! But your avionics are ON? Possible an Assistance setting or some other settings?

2021-05-14_00-22-14

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

13 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

possible keybinding interference or overlap?  what peripherals/controllers plugged in? 

I have the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant.  

9 hours ago, in2tech said:

Your wanting this correct? This is the X-Cub at a parking space loaded at KTEX! But your avionics are ON? Possible an Assistance setting or some other settings?

2021-05-14_00-22-14

Yes, this is what I want.  And you are correct the avionics are on. I've gone thru the assistance and I have nearly everything disabled.

So I go back into the keyboard menu and found 1 setting concerning the battery.  I deleted the setting and for the first time I actually get a cold and dark start.  So hopefully I have figured it out.  Thanks for the help guys.  Appreciate it.

• Like 4

This sounds like the Honeycomb "10 degree bug" where toggle switch (and the starter key switch) bindings cause all sorts of problems.  The momentary push buttons on the yoke are safe to use.

I unbound everything on the controller base and only use the buttons on the yoke and my other non-Honeycomb controllers and that fixed the problems for me.

4 hours ago, N7470 said:

This sounds like the Honeycomb "10 degree bug" where toggle switch (and the starter key switch) bindings cause all sorts of problems.  The momentary push buttons on the yoke are safe to use.

I unbound everything on the controller base and only use the buttons on the yoke and my other non-Honeycomb controllers and that fixed the problems for me.

I also use the Alpha and Bravo and found a few things that needed adjusting.....

#1 The START position is not spring loaded so you need to manually return it to the RUN position

#2 The switches on the Bravo duplicate some of the switches on the Alpha so to avoid conflict re-assign them to other options

Once I did that I have zero issues

Jay

14 hours ago, PIC007 said:

I also use the Alpha and Bravo and found a few things that needed adjusting.....

#1 The START position is not spring loaded so you need to manually return it to the RUN position

#2 The switches on the Bravo duplicate some of the switches on the Alpha so to avoid conflict re-assign them to other options

Once I did that I have zero issues

Did that as soon as I got both of them working, several months ago.  I had overlooked one of the battery settings on my keyboard.  Deleted it and everything is fine now.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, RodgerC said:

So I go back into the keyboard menu and found 1 setting concerning the battery.  I deleted the setting and for the first time I actually get a cold and dark start.  So hopefully I have figured it out.  Thanks for the help guys.  Appreciate it.

Can you provide more details?  I am having the same issue - planes won't start dark and cold.