Sign in to follow this  
Palebushman

Help with finding program

Guest dwaohio

There was a programs that was shareware that stoped programs like anti- virus and service and started flight simulator. I forgot the name of the program. It was written for FS9. Will it work on FSX?ThanksDave

Guest dwaohio

That is not it...sorry. It was written for FS9.

Guest Phil75070

Are you referring to FSAutoStart? There is also EndItAll, though not specific for FS9.

Guest dwaohio

That is it.....Thanks everyone for your help. Has anyone add any problems with it using FSX?Dave

FS autostart works with both FS9 and FS10, and can be configured to shut down and restart applications and processes.There are also recommendations as to which ones should be stopped and those that should be left running. Search flightsim.com forum for instructions on how to configure.Ron.P.S. Here is the instruction from Rhodges#15523, "RE: fsautostart Problems???"In response to Reply # 0 SUCCESS!!! (finally, for both FS9 and FSX. Either will FSAutostart)Rather than go through all of the scenarios that did not work, I will simply go through the steps that did as follows for my preferences:1. Install FSAutostart.2. Double click on the fsautostart shortcut to start the program3. Click on Configure4. Click on Browse5. Double Click "FSAutoStart.exe"6. Click on Save7. Click on ok8. Click on X to close the FSAutoStart - fsautostart Window9 Click on the fsautostart shortcut to restart the program10 Click on File11 Click on New12 Click on Blank13 Type FS9 in the New Profile Name: option14 Type Flight Simulator 2004 in the the Description: option15 Click Save16 Click on the FS9 Icon (Highlight)17 Click Configure (Highlight will dim which is ok. Your Profile Description should be "Flight Simulator 2004")18. Click "This is not the Main App". (There should now be a box around this option.)19. Click OK20. Double click FSAutoStart.exe21.In "Path to app:" type C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FS9.exe22 Click Save23 Click the X to close the FSAutoStart-FS9 window.24.Double click on the fsautostart shortcut to start the program25. Click on File26. Click on New27. Click on Blank28. In the New Profile Name: Option type FSX29. In the Description: Option type Microsoft Flight Simulator X30. Click Save31. Click on the FSX Icon (Highlight)32. Click Configure33. Click This is not the Main App.34. Click OK35. Double Click FSAutoStart.exe36. In "Path to app:" type C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFSX.exe37. In "Delay before auto starting other programs type 60.38. Click Save.39. Click the X to close the FSAutoStart-FSX Window.Now, when you double click your FSAutoStart shortcut, you should have three choices. The default fsautostart Icon, the FS9 Icon which when double clicked will fsautostart FS9, and an FSX Icon which will do likewise for FSX.If you are useing only one simulator, or if that is your preference, one of them can be configured under the fsautostart main program in like manner (You will not click the "This is not the Main App" option). However, the only Icon you will have is the fsautostart default. I personally prefer the above arrangement.For what is might be worth to anyone setting up the Services and Programs, the following are the line items which gave me error messages on my system (Yours may not have some, have others, or be differrent. They seem to come and go so they may change over time). In addition to those recommended by the program, if you will leave these with the "No Action" option, the applicable error messages will no longer appear.Programs as follow:ati2evxxexplorer.exeMSOFFICE.EXEServices as follow:ATI HOTKEY PollerCom+ Event SystemNetwork ConnectionsRemote RegistrySSDP Discovery ServicesTCP/IP NetBios HelperTerminal ServicesWebClientWindows Media Connect (WMC)In the event that anyone is running the Zone Alarm Firewall, you will need to also leave the following with the "No Action" option:TrueVector Internet MonitorHope something here is of help to somebody. I realize that it is long and drawn out, but if you go over it a bit, I think it explains itself for anyone who is new to FSAutostart and might be having trouble. My problem was thinking something had to be entered in the "Command Line". IT DOES NOT. Just a senior moment I guess in not remembering how I had it set up from many months ago (I'm sure nobody else has that problem).Happy Flying:Respectfully:RTHEdit: Do notice step 37 above. This is the only difference with the exception of text in configuring the two flight simulator programs.

Ron Service

Guest Phil75070

It can be easily configured to leave some or all of the processes running while you choose to shut down all of those background "programs".

RTH you are a diamond!!!People like you are what makes AVSIM the awesome website it is.So sad that a few more folk don't spare the time to send in clear and concise instructions,as those you have done in answer to a novices request for help.Your guidance there also helped me out with FSAutoStart, which had me a little perplexed too.Many thanks and may your wings always get you there,Dave