Sign in to follow this  
Avgeek09

Should i keep X-Plane 11

Hello, i bought microsoft flight simulator a week ago and i'm not sure whether to keep x plane or not. I only have the 777 and EPGD addons so not much money spent on it

I have both. Up to you! Can you actually return XP-11? You have to do that really quickly on Steam, like within  2 hours I think? Either way still up to you? Are you brand NEW to flight sim?

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

A reason to keep a second sim besides MSFS is availability. In my neighborhood there is some construction going on for a new building for the local high school. In the last three months I experienced downtimes as long as several hours after they cut through the fibre cable. I was happy to still have P3D installed.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 hours ago, Avgeek09 said:

I also want to know if having x plane gives me a fps impact or not.

Not sure why having X-Plane would affect your FPS in MSFS ? I'd keep it installed, gives you something to fly if your internet is down !!

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Personally,I did not enjoy X Plane11 after MSFS, anymore. Therefore I removed it, because it was also taking too much memory on the SSD, unneccessarily. Yes, there is not much high level  airliners in MSFS yet but I can stand with the existing ones at the moment,for a while.. And , it is good to go out for fresh air, when sometimes you do not have internet

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Keep both for a bit and you deside. Other opinions dont matter, yours does.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ok thank you, i was just wandering if x plane has a fps impact on msfs, if not then i would keep it although i have little space on my disk i will buy a new one specificaly for msfs but for now i will keep x plane.

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

I have both. Up to you! Can you actually return XP-11? You have to do that really quickly on Steam, like within  2 hours I think? Either way still up to you? Are you brand NEW to flight sim?

No i have been flying for over a year now

3 hours ago, Avgeek09 said:

Hello, i bought microsoft flight simulator a week ago and i'm not sure whether to keep x plane or not. I only have the 777 and EPGD addons so not much money spent on it

If you don't plan on making a huge investment on add-ons for XP, then go get a refund. X-Plane 11 needs expensive add-ons to make it a great sim.

I've had to stick with XP11, but mine is fully loaded, and it offers me type of RW simulation that I want & need.

MSFS is still a WIP. Updates come monthly and sometimes those updates do more harm than good. If you want a real flight simulator, MSFS is not ready.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

🙂

It's entirely up to you. I personally got very tired of maintaining X-Plane and everything I had for it.

My main reasons for dumping it.

1. scenery_packs.ini.. Whoever was the demon that spawned this awful way or organizing and prioritizing scenery is a monster and needs to be charged with a crime. 

2. I had close to 2TB worth of Ortho. Insane amount of scenery just in Ortho alone to make it look like MSFS does now and that 2TB didn't even come close to covering the entire globe

3. The 3,234 plugins you had to install to get 3rd party airports and scenery to display correctly and to make the existing scenery on top of the Ortho actually look good and accurate. Combined with #1 this was an absolute nightmare to get your scenery_packs.ini ordered correctly.  Orbx, and others tried making apps to order it correctly with the click of a mouse but it was never fool proof

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well .. I've never had any real problems with X-Plane. I took a month or two off while I wrestled with MSFS and found it was a real pleasure to get back into it. Fast ... no stutters ... great payware aircraft ...  and plenty of amazing freeware stuff.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/207488-welcome-in-the-hillsides/

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/207323-normal-service-is-resumed-back-to-xp11/

I'm definitely keeping mine!!! BTW - prior to installing MSFS, I had to clear one sim when I ran out of HD space ... it was P3D that got the boot ... and I don't miss it.

Adam.

• Like 4

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I enjoyed XP11 very much but dumped it soon after MSFS came out. It's a great sim but so "last gen" to my eyes. Plus, I didn't want to mess with having two sims to keep-up-to-date.

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale