Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The FMS for the Lear35A is available!

Hello,

Great job on the UNS unit.How do we update the navdata on navigraph? What is the UNS1 name under in Navigraph?

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bwells said:

Hello,

What is the UNS1 name under in Navigraph?

Thanks,

I've been told that the name for the Navigraph update should be just Flysimware, and that Navigraph said it may take a week or so for everything to be set up. The database that is included with the current FSW UNS-1 installer is less than a year old.

Al

• Like 1

How can I load a   Simbrief   made flightplan to the FMS.  P3D5.

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

55 minutes ago, aerostar said:

How can I load a   Simbrief   made flightplan to the FMS.  

Soon the website will have an export option for our format. For now use the Quality Wings RTE.

Also you can change the name from EGLLEFHK01.RTE to EGLL-EFHK.RTE ......both names will work.

Place the file in a folder called Flysimware/FlightPlans from the main sim directory.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2

OK Thanks, 

and for the fast reply...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

11 minutes ago, aerostar said:

OK Thanks, 

and for the fast reply...

I updated the post with where to place the file.

Congrats on the release. Just a couple of things: 1. Autopilot NAV mode arms but doesn't capture the FMS path, even when the UNS-1 HSI VHF/FSM toggle switch (for either pilot, copilot, or both) is set to FMS (although captures ILS perfectly in VHF mode); 2. Lateral deviation as shown by either HSI or ARC mode is opposite to the actual as shown in MAP mode.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, znatusch said:

Autopilot NAV mode arms but doesn't capture the FMS path, even when the UNS-1 HSI VHF/FSM toggle switch (for either pilot, copilot, or both) is set to FMS (although captures ILS perfectly in VHF mode); 2. Lateral deviation as shown by either HSI or ARC mode is opposite to the actual as shown in MAP mode.

I don't see this. I just flew a 3 VOR test course of KCOS BRK HGO PUB KCOS which includes some pretty sharp turns, and all worked as expected. If necessary you do need to hand fly or use Heading mode to get close to the GPS course for initial NAV LRN (GPS) capture. After that the a/c should track the GPS course as expected.

Hopefully others will report what they are experiencing so we can get a handle on potential bugs.

Al

9 hours ago, znatusch said:

Congrats on the release. Just a couple of things: 1. Autopilot NAV mode arms but doesn't capture the FMS path, even when the UNS-1 HSI VHF/FSM toggle switch (for either pilot, copilot, or both) is set to FMS (although captures ILS perfectly in VHF mode); 2. Lateral deviation as shown by either HSI or ARC mode is opposite to the actual as shown in MAP mode.

I'm seeing the same as znatusch. Whatever I do, I can't persuade the plane to start following the FMS for lateral navigation. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

I'm seeing the same as znatusch. Whatever I do, I can't persuade the plane to start following the FMS for lateral navigation. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Just to check, the VHS/FMS switch below the HSI is in the FMS position, and the AP (ENG) is on, and the AP is in NAV mode so when GPS capture occurs, you get the green LRN NAV light -- correct? Or do you never get the LRN light?

Al

20 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

I never get the LRN NAV light. The Nav button never changes from ARM. 

Try this experiment. Load the Lear onto 35L at KCOS and click on Ready to Start to make sure it is powered up with engines running. Then enter this simple 2 waypoint flight plan into the FMS --- just KCOS BRK  (BRK is a VOR about 10 NM North and slightly East of KCOS). Make sure the VHF/FMS switch is in the FMS position and then while just sitting on the runway turn on the AP ( ENG green) and then click NAV. You should then get a green LRN light.

Al

57 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

That worked! I got the NAV LRN. I'll try again with the flight I tried earlier. Thanks for the help!

OK. good. If your original flight still doesn't work, if you give me the details (departure airport and flight plan, I'll try it as well.

Al