Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The FMS for the Lear35A is available!

Hello,

I have run into a problem with the radio stack.  Comm and Nav 1 are not powered up and every click spot on the Comm, Nav, ADF, and transponder are not usable.  I tried an uninstall/reinstall of both the base package and expansion, but nothing changes.

Nate

26 minutes ago, pilotnate23 said:

Hello,

I have run into a problem with the radio stack.  Comm and Nav 1 are not powered up and every click spot on the Comm, Nav, ADF, and transponder are not usable.  I tried an uninstall/reinstall of both the base package and expansion, but nothing changes.

Nate

Couple of thoughts:

1. After doing an uninstall, it is good to good to the install location and delete any files that survived the uninstall.

2. Delete any saved flights, and then use the default F-35 as the default flight. That is, when you start the sim the F-35 shows up in the rotating window, then switch to the Lear. This helps to initialize sim variables before loading a complex aircraft like the Lear.

3. Check that the Lear is powered up (Ready to start via Shift 1 popup), and the Avionics switch is on. The radios should clearly be on.

4. Do other click spots on the panel work, like the pitot switches, etc.?

5. If you load a non-FMS equipped Lear, does everything work?

Al

Edited by ark

20 minutes ago, ark said:

Couple of thoughts:

1. After doing an uninstall, it is good to good to the install location and delete any files that survived the uninstall.

2. Delete any saved flights, and then use the default F-35 as the default flight. That is, when you start the sim the F-35 shows up in the rotating window, then switch to the Lear. This helps to initialize sim variables before loading a complex aircraft like the Lear.

4. Check that the Lear is powered up (Ready to start via Shift 1 popup) and the Avionics switch is on.

3. If you load a non-FMS equipped Lear, does everything work?

Al

I cleared out all the leftover files.  I have tried the Lear with external power, battery power, and the engines running with the generators on.  The non-FMS Lears work just fine.

I forgot to mention I'm using FSX and I have been using an FSX safe startup flight.

Edited by pilotnate23

1 hour ago, pilotnate23 said:

I forgot to mention I'm using FSX

Ah, OK, I just installed the FMS in FSX and FSXSE and I see what you see. I'll report back here when I get some info.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

There is a scaling issue with the FSX models. I will have a patch out tonight and you will receive a email when ready to download. 

That is why the radio buttons could not be clicked. And we also replaced the missing panel entry for the upper radio. Next we are looking into any issues with capturing the flight plan.

12 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

I will have a patch out tonight and you will receive a email when ready to download.

Excellent, thanks!

V1.1 is now available for download. 

I will add all the update info to our main website product page tomorrow as we found some major things that the FSX version was missing that the P3D version was ok. And a few for both sims.

Hello

radio COM/NAV1, when tuning frequency, 95 to 00, the main number increases by 1 - I'm not shure if thats right.
radio COM/NAV2, when tuning 95 to 00, main number does not change - I think this is the correct behaviour (like in the standard LJ35).
both radios should work the same way.

FMS: NAV unable to follow FPL, only ARM and CAP, but CAP makes the plane turn completly away from routing, starts 360's to the left).
KCOS example from earlier post does not work sucessfully for me.
When I startup with RXP GTN750 (works fine) and change inflight to the FMS version - I get LRN green - follows to the next point, then starts 360's left again and does not follow FMS FPL

FMS itself seems to work fine, entered a few routes with SID/STARS/airways.

[p3d v5.1 + fms1.1]

Edited by msair
software version added
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I have the same problem with NAV button in AP panel when I have the switch in FMS NAV in both sides the NAV button in AP panel is died, do nothing.

I am using P3D v4.5

Regards,

José A Montiel

I tried the flightplan I tried before, and again, the NAV LRN would never engage. It sat at ARM. Flight was LEBL DCT LOBAR/N0000F150 DCT NEXAS A975 DISVU DCT ADUXO/N0000F210 LEMD.

The NAV LRN wouldn't light up on the ground, but since the SID (LOBA2C from Rwy 7R) had of about 25 degrees to the right straight after takeoff, I wondered if that was too high an angle to pick up the flight plan. I manually flew until it was right on the flightpath but NAV LRN wouldn't light up.

Not sure what's going on. The PFD has FMS NAV selected, the master AP is on, and the ENG light is showing green R P on the AFCS display.

Another thing I've noticed is that HDG control doesn't give meaningful information in the pop up when you're turning it so I have to try and keep the HDG control and HSI in view simultaneously to get to a specific heading, which is tricky with TrackIR.

1 hour ago, Alistair Logie said:

I tried the flightplan I tried before, and again, the NAV LRN would never engage. It sat at ARM. Flight was LEBL DCT LOBAR/N0000F150 DCT NEXAS A975 DISVU DCT ADUXO/N0000F210 LEMD.

Some bugs have been identified and I know Mark (FSW) is working on an update, so I'll wait for that before trying your fight plan.

1 hour ago, Alistair Logie said:

Another thing I've noticed is that HDG control doesn't give meaningful information in the pop up when you're turning it so I have to try and keep the HDG control and HSI in view simultaneously to get to a specific heading, which is tricky with TrackIR.

I don't know what you mean by the above. The HDG knob moves the heading bug on the EHSI, both on the panel mounted EHSI ( same as in the real a/c) and on the popup EHSI  which you can resize and reposition as desired. Note you can also popup the Heading control and position it where you want.

Popups right now are Shift+4 thru Shift+8. Mark has mentioned he wants to set up some click spots to activate some of these popups -- so more to come.

BTW, what sim are you using?

Al

Using P3D 5.1 HF2

The thing with the HDG knob is that when hovering over it, it doesn't display the current heading, and each click of the mouse wheel changes the displayed heading by about 57 degrees. Turning the HDG moves the heading bug properly, but the information provided by the "tool-tip" when you're hovering over the HDG knob doesn't make sense. Not sure if that's any clearer....

For example, the heading bug on the HSI is set at 290. If I hover over the HDG knob the tool tip shows the heading as 005. If I left click once on the HDG know, the heading displayed on the tool tip changes to 308, if I click it again, it changes to 251. Click again and it changes to 193. Right clicking causes the displayed heading on the tool tip to change to 251, then 308, then 005, 62, 120, 177 etc. Each forward click of the mousewheel does the same as right clicking, each backward click of the mousewheel does the same as left clicking.

The heading bug itself, moves exactly as you would expect, it's just the displayed heading in the HDG knob tool-tip that displays the erroneous information.

It's not a showstopper but it does make accurately changing the heading more difficult.

36 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

Using P3D 5.1 HF2

The thing with the HDG knob is that when hovering over it, it doesn't display the current heading, and each click of the mouse wheel changes the displayed heading by about 57 degrees. Turning the HDG moves the heading bug properly, but the information provided by the "tool-tip" when you're hovering over the HDG knob doesn't make sense. Not sure if that's any clearer....

For example, the heading bug on the HSI is set at 290. If I hover over the HDG knob the tool tip shows the heading as 005. If I left click once on the HDG know, the heading displayed on the tool tip changes to 308, if I click it again, it changes to 251. Click again and it changes to 193. Right clicking causes the displayed heading on the tool tip to change to 251, then 308, then 005, 62, 120, 177 etc. Each forward click of the mousewheel does the same as right clicking, each backward click of the mousewheel does the same as left clicking.

The heading bug itself, moves exactly as you would expect, it's just the displayed heading in the HDG knob tool-tip that displays the erroneous information.

It's not a showstopper but it does make accurately changing the heading more difficult.

Ah, OK, I understand now. I never looked at the tool-tip because I was using the popup which doesn't display a tool tip, so thanks for that info -- I'll pass it on to Mark. Hopefully the next update will fix a number of things, some of which apparently were broken in this last update. (Sigh).I won't be surprised if it take a few updates to get everything working.

Al

27 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

Hey, it's a beta. All part of the fun.😉

Thanks -- appreciate that!!

Al