Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The FMS for the Lear35A is available!

Bug alert, I think: I have noticed that when flying West in FMS mode, the CDI indication on the HSI is 'backwards'. That is, if you are North of the desired course while flying West, the CDI is deviated to the right instead of to the left. This is likely a simple sign error in the code. The MAP display, however, is correct.

I'll report this potential CDI bug to Mark at FSW, but would also appreciate hearing if others are seeing this. I think the other 'directions' are OK, but let me know if you see something similar with the CDI when flying North, South or East.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

I experienced the same issue as Ark described, turning onto a westerly heading, the indications went backwards. Cross Track and Track Error were both displayed correctly in the FMS NAV page, however the CDI indication was funky. I can confirm, it was displayed correctly in MAP mode. 

Is it possible to fly a RNAV approach with vertical guidance (Baro Vnav/LPV) using the FMS? I cannot find this information in the manual and I cannot arm G/S whilst on a rnav approach.

I guess I've worked out what my problem is. The regular Lear 35A is fine. The Cargo variant just won't grab the flightplan. Which is weird. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the plane and the FMS, but the cargo variant will not go to NAV LRN.

46 minutes ago, PT6 said:

Is it possible to fly a RNAV approach with vertical guidance (Baro Vnav/LPV) using the FMS? I cannot find this information in the manual and I cannot arm G/S whilst on a rnav approach.

No. This FMS is modeled after the one Captain Joe (Flysimware tech advisor) had in the real world Lear35A he flew. That FMS would not do RNAV approaches.

Al

4 hours ago, Alistair Logie said:

I guess I've worked out what my problem is. The regular Lear 35A is fine. The Cargo variant just won't grab the flightplan. Which is weird. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the plane and the FMS, but the cargo variant will not go to NAV LRN.

The Cargo Lear 35A should work with FMS ver 1.2, but I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Edit: Mark found the problem, fix will be in the next FMS update.

Al

Edited by ark

NOTICE !!

If using the FMS in P3D, you should make sure the Mipmap option under the P3D Graphics/Display menu option is OFF. With Mipmaps off, the EHSI will appear 'sharper' (clearer) especially at the lower display Zoom settings. My understanding is Mipmaps should only be used for products that have been specifically designed for it.

Al

Edited by ark

On 5/18/2021 at 4:12 AM, ark said:

No. This FMS is modeled after the one Captain Joe (Flysimware tech advisor) had in the real world Lear35A he flew. That FMS would not do RNAV approaches.

I totally appreciate the work you guys put into this project! A FMS in the Lear is really a step forward, unless someone uses the GTN750 🙂 but with all respect to my collegue Captain Joe, I do not understand why you didn´t programmed a RNAV approach capability !? More or less ALL LJ35 I´m flying does support this function with an installed UNS and RNAV approaches are becoming more and more a important part all over the world.
I just bought it and will test it now 😉

Edited by JackJones
  • Like 3

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

In the future, It would be fantastic to have a Panel layout with both Navigation System (GTN and FMS) together with differents NAV sources, this It gives to LJ35A the maximum NAV capabilities.

Regards.

• Like 2

Did a couple flights with the new FMS. Pretty cool bit of kit. Few questions. Does the FMS not load in missed approach procedures or is that a planned feature not yet implemented? Also how does the VNAV page work? It seems to bug out for me and there is no documentation on it. Additionally is there a way to "activate approach" or do an extended centerline to intercept the final approach course? I remember there was a way to do it in the UNS implemented in the Q400 but I'm not sure its in this one. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Did a couple flights with the new FMS. Pretty cool bit of kit. Few questions. Does the FMS not load in missed approach procedures or is that a planned feature not yet implemented? Also how does the VNAV page work? It seems to bug out for me and there is no documentation on it. Additionally is there a way to "activate approach" or do an extended centerline to intercept the final approach course? I remember there was a way to do it in the UNS implemented in the Q400 but I'm not sure its in this one. Thanks!

As best I can tell, the FMS does not load the missed approach procedure. You can enter it manually into the Flight Plan I would assume.

As for VNAV, currently if you load a STAR, the VNAV page will show you the target altitudes at each waypoint, but the pilot has to fly the plane to hit those altitudes. If desired, the AP will mange the LNAV part of the STAR while the pilot is busy managing the VNAV aspects (after all, there has to be something for the pilot to do!  😉 ).

For approaches, you have to switch out of FMS mode to VHF mode and do an ILS or VOR (or ADF, which is fun) type of approach. So you can set up a heading (either 'directly' with the AP Heading mode, or on the FMS  NAV page)  to intercept the extended LOC center line, etc.  RNAV/GPS approaches are not implemented at this time.

That's about all I think I know FMS-wise at this point.

Al

Edited by ark

hello,
when going to the FPL, normally on the right side (RSK3) is a menu text, if you click the button, you can choose a flightplan .rte file from the folder (e.g. ex simbrief). function works fine, just no text there.
cu

Is the FMC still in beta? i´m awaiting it to be complete before purchasing, and honestly i prefer to pay full price in this case, the dev deserves it.

1 hour ago, Egoix said:

Is the FMC still in beta? i´m awaiting it to be complete before purchasing, and honestly i prefer to pay full price in this case, the dev deserves it.

Yes, FSW is still waiting for the developer who did the coding to make some bug fixes. Hopefully soon.

Al

On 5/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, JackJones said:

I totally appreciate the work you guys put into this project! A FMS in the Lear is really a step forward, unless someone uses the GTN750 🙂 but with all respect to my collegue Captain Joe, I do not understand why you didn´t programmed a RNAV approach capability !? More or less ALL LJ35 I´m flying does support this function with an installed UNS and RNAV approaches are becoming more and more a important part all over the world.
I just bought it and will test it now 😉

Ditto!

Thanks.