Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Looking for a Twin for FS2020

I was hoping Flysimware would develop the MU 2 for FS2020.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The Carenado Piper PA34 Seneca is probably the best payware option at the moment. I did a review of it here on my channel; it has some nice touches, including being able to do a proper feather of the prop for single engine ops and you can do an airflow restart when airborne if you want to get the engine going again. Graphically it's very pretty, including having animated features in the passenger cabin, and the sounds are good, although some people have said otherwise on the engine noise, but I disagree and think these are well done.

The BN-2 from Black Box Simulations is useful in Air Hauler. Some have complained about the graphics on the thing as not being stellar; I think they're 'alright' but you can decide for yourself on that score if you check out my review of that one.

The Virtualcol Beech 99 is a cheap and cheerful choice. This one is graphically very basic in the VC, although the exterior model is nice. that too is good in Air Hauler.

The Next Gen Simulations Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante, is another one worth a look for Air Hauler, and if you are curious about that, I reviewed that one too, here.

You've also got the Carenado PA44 Seminole, but personally I think their Seneca is a bit better from a technical standpoint.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As Chock says, the Carenado PA-34 Seneca is surprisingly good all round, has an interesting mix of systems to learn/play with, and it flies really nice. 
I was shocked at this because some offerings from them have been lacking in the past.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

As Chock says, the Carenado PA-34 Seneca is surprisingly good all round, has an interesting mix of systems to learn/play with, and it flies really nice. 
I was shocked at this because some offerings from them have been lacking in the past.

You guys are really twisting my arm to buy this plane now. As you said I'm used to the typical "all show and no go" Carenado production line but I can not stop seeing all the praise this plane is getting for breaking that mold..

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

8 minutes ago, styckx said:

You guys are really twisting my arm to buy this plane now. As you said I'm used to the typical "all show and no go" Carenado production line but I can not stop seeing all the praise this plane is getting for breaking that mold..

Well I certainly don't regret spending the money on it, and I am flying it a lot. 

Some people have said the sounds aren't very good, but I just don't get it, the engines in particular sound great to me. 

On take off as you go up through the rev range, at one stage, the deep off beat growl even reminds me of a Dakota (DC-3 / C-47) - maybe that is a bit worrying then 😆 but certainly the sounds aren't flat or unexciting.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just to concur that the Seneca is a treat.  My current goto unless I'm puttering around in the Asobo Top Rudder 103 STOL.

cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

And one other thing to consider with both Carenado offerings, the Seminole and Seneca, they are actively working to implement the GTN750, which will be great!

182753387_3931338606942924_5809013713567

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/

Edited by GACSavannah
  • Like 3

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

45 minutes ago, styckx said:

Make sure you can deal with that windscreen deicer, before you get your wallet out. It is pretty distracting. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Make sure you can deal with that windscreen deicer, before you get your wallet out. It is pretty distracting. 

Yeah. I just got done watching a review of this plane.. Impressive for Carenado. Definitely above their standard cookie cutter aircraft w/ tons of glits and gloss..

But I could not un-see that windshield deicer. I was like a mosquito attracted to a light the entire time with that thing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, Chock said:

You've also got the Carenado PA44 Seminole, but personally I think their Seneca is a bit better from a technical standpoint.

Any idea when the Aerosoft Twin Otter might drop?

T45

Edited by Treetops45
Shorten

Not a clue. I'd suggest maybe haunting the Aerosoft forums and seeing if they announce something, but personally I can't be doing with that place myself, it's an awful forum with a lot of mean-spirited people there who, if they acted like that in person face to face, would probably get a slap, and deserve it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Any idea when the Aerosoft Twin Otter might drop?

Probably not until very late summer or early fall of this year.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

The Carenado Seneca is really nice and I also quite enjoy the Seminole.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU