Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Looking for a Twin for FS2020

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Make sure you can deal with that windscreen deicer, before you get your wallet out. It is pretty distracting. 

Not a factor IMO but yes some will be bothered by it. 

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Not a factor IMO but yes some will be bothered by it. 

Regards

bs

Yes, I am not bothered about it as much as I thought I would be.  I tweaked my default seat position a bit to see around it.  Apparently it is realistic.  If real pilots can put up with it then I will give it a go! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

33 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

And one other thing to consider with both Carenado offerings, the Seminole and Seneca, they are actively working to implement the GTN750, which will be great!

182753387_3931338606942924_5809013713567

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/

There's some interesting caveats on using the GTN 750 at the same time as the GNS 540/430 to do with CTDs when MSFS tries to load multiple GPS system maps.

The issue supposed to be fixed in SU4 at the end of the month, but if Carenado release this change before then the instructions from the GTN 750 dev on discord are

pms50: 

CARENADO WITH GTN750

Carenado will soon publish some of its aircrafts with the GTN750 option.
There is currently a bug in the Sim's code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.
Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May.
The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:
- Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).
- Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.
- Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that
- Do not touch any button of the GNS430 You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.
As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can't do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo.(edited)

• Like 2

Double Post

Edited by Matchstick

I agree with others on the Carenado Seneca. This was my first Carenado purchase and I've heard plenty of things about their aircraft. I decided to go for it because it was the exact type of twin I was looking for in MSFS. I am very happy with the purchase and have been flying it exclusively over the past couple of weeks. There is a mod for the GNS530 that adds a whole bunch of features but I started getting CTD's about every other flight with the mod installed. I removed it and have not had one since. I am still quite happy though and am waiting for the GTN750

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, styckx said:

But I could not un-see that windshield deicer. I was like a mosquito attracted to a light the entire time with that thing

Carenado should do as they have done previously with certain features in certain models and provide a toggle to use it or lose it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have to agree that the seneca is porobably the most fun pootling around twin so far, but I really like the EMB-110 and Islander for being fun to fly and their utility in FSE.

It's nice to have this choice TBH.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Carenado should do as they have done previously with certain features in certain models and provide a toggle to use it or lose it.

Problem is that the real aircraft has that plate, and it is not removable. And it gets in the way just as much in the real world as it does in the sim, so they are being true to life by having it as it is.

• Like 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I just today purchased the Seneca and I see no 750 option in the tablet.

So far my main gripe is the brightness level of the gauges and especially the AP is so low as to be almost unreadable unless you zoom in extremely close.  Unfortunately this may keep the Seneca in the hangar for me

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

22 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I just today purchased the Seneca and I see no 750 option in the tablet.

So far my main gripe is the brightness level of the gauges and especially the AP is so low as to be almost unreadable unless you zoom in extremely close.  Unfortunately this may keep the Seneca in the hangar for me

The updates to add the GTN 750 to the Carenado aircraft haven't been released yet. Maybe next week but I'd expect them the week after personally.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I am not bothered about it as much as I thought I would be.  I tweaked my default seat position a bit to see around it.  Apparently it is realistic.  If real pilots can put up with it then I will give it a go! :biggrin:

Its just another plane characteristic.  When you see it you will know where you are.

Brings me back to the FSX F1 Cessna 441 twin days.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I, too, really enjoy the Seneca, but it does have one shortcoming that's started to bug me a little.  Those two big engines on either side of the cockpit block a good chunk of your view, and make this one perhaps not the best for sightseeing.    I know that's going to be a problem with any low-wing twin, but for some reason the geometry in the Seneca makes it particularly bad.

That's really my only complaint with it, though.   I've been flying it even more than my taildraggers recently, and that says a lot.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I, too, really enjoy the Seneca, but it does have one shortcoming that's started to bug me a little.  Those two big engines on either side of the cockpit block a good chunk of your view, and make this one perhaps not the best for sightseeing.    I know that's going to be a problem with any low-wing twin, but for some reason the geometry in the Seneca makes it particularly bad.

That's really my only complaint with it, though.   I've been flying it even more than my taildraggers recently, and that says a lot.

It's been a thorn in the side of flight simmers over the years. Is it a 'Flying' simulator or a 'Sightseeing' simulator? Tricky one eh? I tend to lean towards the flying side of the coin. Sure it's nice to look out the window but take care of business inside the plane.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

So far my main gripe is the brightness level of the gauges

Hmm, this would bother me too as I do most of my flying in real time and it ends up being at night a lot.

I thought maybe the backlit gauges and the backsplash lighting effecting the panel would be on a dimmer but I guess not?