Sign in to follow this  
gordong

MSFS and ATC problems

Does anyone know how to stop the default ATC from repeating the replies I make to ATC, ie I press the button I have assigned to PTT and I say " Cessna 125 with you 9000ft " the inbuilt ATC then repeats this, how do I disable this its an immersion killer. The other thing is I read that the squelch noise should only come on for a second then I speak and release the button and the squelch should again sound for about a second but the squelch is continuous as long as I hold the PTT. any help would be appreciated. I emailed support but got no response, I imagine he is busy on other things.

Thanks again.

25 minutes ago, gordong said:

Does anyone know how to stop the default ATC from repeating the replies I make to ATC, ie I press the button I have assigned to PTT and I say " Cessna 125 with you 9000ft " the inbuilt ATC then repeats this, how do I disable this its an immersion killer. The other thing is I read that the squelch noise should only come on for a second then I speak and release the button and the squelch should again sound for about a second but the squelch is continuous as long as I hold the PTT. any help would be appreciated. I emailed support but got no response, I imagine he is busy on other things.

Thanks again.

The squelch sound has been removed as it was deemed an unnecessary gimmick (Documentation not updated since). Only continuous humming sound should be heard while PTT is down, indicating MCE is in "ATC mode". It's possible to adjust the audio level via a right-click in MCE user interface and "Use radio oise->Low/high/none

As for the FO audio, you guys should lobby ASOBO to make it optional.🙂

• Like 1

Thank you, I would like to add that you did reply to my query to support but for some reason all your emails are going into my spam folder.

Excellent service.

Thanks again

On 5/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, gordong said:

Thank you, I would like to add that you did reply to my query to support but for some reason all your emails are going into my spam folder.

Excellent service.

Thanks again

Have you seen the add on Pilot 2ATC?

I I may give it a shameless plug! I use it in MSFS and P3d. It works brilliantly in either. It also works brilliantly with MCE. PTT is seamless. But a big plus for me is the ability of Pilot2ATC to recognise what you want from verbal requests. 

For example, request waypoint skip, request new altitude, request diversion to alternate airport, request diversion to any airport. All this may be done with PTT using normal language. The program is uncannily accurate in knowing what your asking. Even with my northern accent, ATC always knows what I'm saying. When you land, you can request a specific gate/parking and P2ATC will give you exact taxiway guidance to your gate.

If you want realistic flight simming and I surmise that's why we enjoy MCE, then I'd give P2ATC a try. It also works in XP, so it shares that with MCE which is also a la carte! 😉

Just my opinion of course, but native MSFS ATC is still in a woeful state. 

Regards.

David

• Like 1

Thanks David, I actually own Pilot2atc having bought it a few years ago but haven't attempted it with MSFS yet. I'll definately give it a go.

Grant.

16 hours ago, gordong said:

Thanks David, I actually own Pilot2atc having bought it a few years ago but haven't attempted it with MSFS yet. I'll definately give it a go.

Grant.

Yes it's been updated and the updated are available from downloads page.

Just use FSUIPC7 from Mr Dowson. I load FSUIPC7 just prior to launching Pilot2ATC and it works with MSFS. Without FSUIPC7 P2ATC doesn't work with MSFS.

The PTT speech recognition P2aAtc has is excellent. Just use same PTT button as MCE and the two work nicely.

Regards.

David.