Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

VRAM with the new FSLabs Sharklets

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this scenario. 

I have a Nvidia 1080 card, and when the new FSLabs sharklets arrived this week, I loaded the A320 at EGPH gate 12 into P3D V5.1. The vram indicator (using shift Z) suggested that I was using 6.0 of the available 6.8 - so right at the edge. Then, I got a message saying that I did not have enough vram, and did I want to ignore, close or try again. I tried again, and when it opened up my vram indicator showed usage of 3.9  of the now available 7.1.

My graphic settings are medium, and I did not knowingly change anything - so any thoughts as to where all this extra vram came from?

George Westwell

21 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

so any thoughts as to where all this extra vram came from?

Yes. AFAIK Prepar3D automatically lowers the settings if you use the "Try Again" button, like disabling Enhanced Athmospherics (if u were using it).

Some of them like "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD" (gauges look very blurry if set to 0, which usually happens after this dialog) can only be reverted back directly in the Prepar3D.cfg and not via the settings interface in P3D. So if you don't have any backup of your Prepar3D.cfg and don't like to fiddle around in it, you should consider to delete it and let P3D create a fresh one after starting again. Be aware that you have to adjust your graphics settings again, but at least you get the default settings back.

Edited by roesti

For me , it looks like both a32x NonSL&SL cause my upper VRAM limit to go more easily form 7.1 to 6.6-6.8. not always , but more then before. I did get dgi hung errors at my usual load positions that before. So i feel there is a change.

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard