Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

All this performance talk...

10 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I know that many here are power users, with high end machines and thousands of system tweaks. 

Having an expensive PC and then applying a bunch of (mostly) voodoo fixes that do more harm than good or are simply placebos doesn't make you a power user, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, diajohn said:

76 and rising

Hope I still can when I'm 76 😀

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 hours ago, diajohn said:

76 and rising

I wish I could LOL

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Born in Kent 76. The war years. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, chrisal said:

74 here. And feeling it...

You can get therapy for that 😀

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

77 here.  More summers behind me than to come, but I still enjoy simming. BR.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

62 here.  Lots of flying time left (I hope!!!!)

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

64 here, and finally some time over for myself and money to spend.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

What a bunch of old farts!  73 here.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

73 here.  Spent yesterday walking the fields of the 1st day of battle at Gettysburg and watching planes taking off and landing at Gettysburg airport.

14 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The customer is always right, didn't you know that?  You made Guinness fly out of my nose. 😂

Young whippersnapper here, 57.  Interesting video, I'm not entirely sure the results are that great, all of them seem overly desaturated which is a common problem with pixel crunching mathematics using base references.  There is also the limit of when the source matching images where taken, atmospheric conditions will impact how any object looks.  Camera type, settings, etc.

Some users don't want a realistic world, there are plenty of flights I've done where the haze is just horrible and the planet below is one giant sized white layer of haze.   Moderate haze (warning large image size): 

uc?export=view&id=1Dapfi4fE-5TBtIgbjyjLM

Low haze:

uc?export=view&id=1Nle_UHVvNGArw2FJ9zj_j

Time of day also has impact on how any object looks:

uc?export=view&id=1eO_ig4-qTsjoGJb2_9F4t

Their sources are snapshots in time, just as my images above.  It's certainly an interesting process but I'm not sold ... I still believe the ray tracing and procedural generation of textures NOT based on real world images produces better result.

Thanks for sharing the video, was a good watch.

Cheers, Rob.

hehe... I just happen to know where that moderate haze photo is taken from.  My office window is in that pic.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K