Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

All this performance talk...

Wow, 45 here, feel like I am just graduating high school compared to you guys 🙂

Wishing everyone a long and prosperous future though (of course)...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I was hoping you'd recognize it ... also hoping the mansion I took the picture from was your home!  If you zoom in (15774 x 3545) can you see yourself in your office?  😉

With COVID restrictions off and fully vaccinated and things starting to return to normal slowly, I hope we all start to feel less stressed. 

Cheers, Rob.

I cant, my window seems dark, could be the weekend?  And sorry no, my last name is not PIttock.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

31.. I hope teens are allowed here 🙂

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

33 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

77 here.  😎 And I  respectfully refuse to grow up.  😄

Yea....Puberty is fun (apart from the pimples but LOL)

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Oh God! Not another 'How old are you threads' 80 in July with a following wind (got to be a joke in there somewhere)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:22 PM, vgbaron said:

umm  I'm 84 Mike!  🙂 

Vic

22 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Seriously? Good for you! 

See Mike, at this age you get treated with awe. You're that old and can still type?!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

I am probably the oldest guy on these forums at 61

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm honestly surprised that you've been a member here since 2002, according to your profile, and haven't realized that the membership here is tilted rather heavily towards those with -- let me be careful and respectful here -- a significant accumulation of life experience.  😄

Knowing that can go a good way to explaining a few of the this site's quirks, both positive and negative.  It's also something that one needs to bear in mind when assessing to what degree the common knowledge and fervently-held opinions you can find amongst members here are or should be representative of flight simulation as a whole, especially if we want to encourage a richly diverse participation in our hobby.

42 here in a month, and constantly aware that this is the only online community I regularly engage with where I'm a relative kid.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

especially if we want to encourage a richly diverse participation in our hobby.

« We » ? Who is « we »  ? I, for one, don’t want « to encourage a richly diverse participation in out hobby », whatever that means. I would settle for motivated folks keen to learn (and enjoying it all the way) a complex hobby with a little fun on the side. Richly diverse participation, another name for mass consumption, is overrated and inexorably leads to the degradation of quality. It is the buzzword for marketing departments in search of political correctness. You don’t look for new market targets, you encourage diversity.🤣

PS Twice 36 year-old, four times 18 year-old. Yes. I try to forget reality.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

With COVID restrictions off and fully vaccinated and things starting to return to normal slowly, I hope we all start to feel less stressed. 

Not sure about being stressed.  If it were not for COVID, I wouldn't have any time for flight simming.

Pubs, cafes and restaurants being closed has been good for my waistline too.

Every cloud and all that.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

After many years, I restarted simming when MSFS 2020 came out and lock downs started. Always flew using steam gauges but technology has moved on. Trying the GTN 750. Keeps the brain working at 82...

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

haven't realized that the membership here is tilted rather heavily towards those with -- let me be careful and respectful here -- a significant accumulation of life experience.  😄

Knowing that can go a good way to explaining a few of the this site's quirks, both positive and negative.  It's also something that one needs to bear in mind when assessing to what degree the common knowledge and fervently-held opinions you can find amongst members here are or should be representative of flight simulation as a whole, especially if we want to encourage a richly diverse participation in our hobby.

Oh boy, are you going to get tarred and feathered.😀

60 here, but that...is just a number!

I feel like I'm in my teens when I get to play with my very expensive toys, rc helis, rc airplanes, rc off-road racing (believe it or not, I still race with the young ones)  or PC sims, no matter which one, all bring me joy to the point that I feel young again. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

At 61 I'm very happy to see there are a LOT of us "well seasoned" virtual pilots, and real life pilots on these forums!