Sign in to follow this  
karlow17

PMDG DC-6 Teaser Photo

Hello all,

noticed that PMDG teased a photo of their DC-6 for MSFS 2020! Really enjoyed it for P3D so I have big hopes for this! Hopefully it is released soon. My guess is this will be their first release for MSFS as it’s fairly simple compared to something like a 737. I don’t know about you but I’ve been waiting for an old classic like this so I am beyond excited!187240963_4209448989094853_1253473115178

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

I saw that on Facebook earlier, pretty exciting development!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yeah! ✈️

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I would love to see this for MSFS, but I hope that version is better than the xplane version.  They were never able to get the fuel flow, and power settings quite right in xplane and they just gave up on it after that.  Hope the MSFS version will be more up to their current standards.  

• Like 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Finally. MSFS gets its first real airplane. I wonder how long before the juniors want to ‘mod’ it so it can fly RNAV approaches? Lol. 

If A2A bring over the Connie. JF get their act together and release the 747 Classic. And Aerosoft use common sense and work on the DC-8 for insertion, we'll finally have ourselves a simulator. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

First aircraft I ever flew on as a passenger. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

First aircraft I ever flew on as a passenger. 

You're old! (Errrr experienced!! Hehe). Seriously though that must be a great memory!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And possibly a DC-3 at some point, maybe? But the 737 is still slated to be first. Last info late 2021, first quarter 2022? Don't they always miss dates they give out. Matter of fact I though they stopped giving dates. But as a developer you do have to keep interest up 🙂

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

And possibly a DC-3 at some point, maybe? But the 737 is still slated to be first. Last info late 2021, first quarter 2022? Don't they always miss dates they give out. Matter of fact I though they stopped giving dates. But as a developer you do have to keep interest up 🙂

I was thinking the DC-6 might be the first to come to MSFS due to this tease of the aircraft actually in the sim already as well as it being a lot less complex, would be a good way for them to figure out the sdk and release something simple first

3 minutes ago, karlow17 said:

I was thinking the DC-6 might be the first to come to MSFS due to this tease of the aircraft actually in the sim already as well as it being a lot less complex, would be a good way for them to figure out the sdk and release something simple first

To be honest I really don't know. Was just reading an article awhile ago. It could be wrong of course.

It was this one:

https://fsnews.eu/pmdg-teases-dc-6-addresses-msfs-development-details-737-747-updates/

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Finally. MSFS gets its first real airplane. I wonder how long before the juniors want to ‘mod’ it so it can fly RNAV approaches? Lol. 

If A2A bring over the Connie. JF get their act together and release the 747 Classic. And Aerosoft use common sense and work on the DC-8 for insertion, we'll finally have ourselves a simulator. 

Real airplane um not still a game for learning and enjoyment don't get it twisted.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Nice, I hope that they will fix the bugs and complete their DC-6. At the moment this wonderful airplane was completely abandoned in the PMDG hangars.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

6 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Finally. MSFS gets its first real airplane.

How is the WT CJ4 not a "real airplane"?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

How is the WT CJ4 not a "real airplane"?

Or this?

kNPY6Sp.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here