Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

How to stop GTN popup when starting a flight

I recently switched from the F1 GTN to the Reality XP GTN.  Now whenever I start a flight the GTN popup comes up.  Is there a way to stop this from popping up when I start a flight?

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Is there a way to stop this from popping up when I start a flight?

Look in the panel.cfg file..

Does the GTN popup window have visible=1 set?  If so, set it to =0.

Also, if you still have the F1 Stack window, delete it, or at least add // in front of the gauge line.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thank you very much for that tip.  I also checked another of my aircraft that had the option for the Reality XP GTN in the installer and it had the following in the panel.cfg file.

visible=0
always_visible=0

So I made that change in all of my other aircraft that had this issue.  Thanks again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Thank you very much for that tip.  I also checked another of my aircraft that had the option for the Reality XP GTN in the installer and it had the following in the panel.cfg file.

visible=0
always_visible=0

So I made that change in all of my other aircraft that had this issue.  Thanks again.

From the SDK:

visible Set to 0 if the panel is not visible by default. The default is 1 (visible). visible=1
visible=0
always_visible Set to 1 to enable panel to always display, even when switching views. If panel is closed it must be manually reopened to once again automatically display when switching views. The default is 0. always_visible=1
always_visible=0

Bert