Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

RK1 Kavik Camp

When MSFS RK1 Kavik Camp came out on the marketplace I felt it was a touch overpriced for what is a really a novelty remote Alaskan airstrip in the middle of nowhere  (albeit it one featured in a reality TV show).

However it is now temporarily half price on the market place for a couple of bucks -  so I decided to pick it up after all now it is discounted ---

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up , just picked it up at the Store .

Just bought it at the marketplace too-love flying the BN-2 in and out of Kavik!

• Like 1

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

Goodness, Kavik , I flew there in P3D with Global and Vector  !  Not much to see as I recall except the braided river and some mountains to the south to fly over to Artic Village.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Goodness, Kavik , I flew there in P3D with Global and Vector  !  Not much to see as I recall except the breaded river and some mountains to the south to fly over to Artic Village.

No there is not much nearby except PASC Deadhorse and if you fly live weather your likely to ice up if your in a GA VFR plane anyway.  Which is why I never bought it at full price.

At half price though it is a pretty nominal outlay is a bit of a different place for a quick flight or circuit and adds an interesting departure/destination for longer flights such as from PAFA Fairbanks.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Not bad at that price so I picked it up the other day but when I fly towards it the scenery is showing up as pink until I get closer, any idea what's causing this?