Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Austria 10m DEM Heads Up

Downloaded this yesterday and never seen mountain flying so good.  The mesh is fantastic and when combined with a few small airfield freeware addons (I have Zell am See and St Johann so far but there are a few others) provides an incredible mountain flying experience.

I never thought I would ever see such crisp mountains, valleys and summits in a flight simulator.  Utterly amazing.

Hats off to Troglodytus for creating something incredibly stunning and I would urge you to download and experience it for yourselves.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 7

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

The download link might help 😉

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thank you for the link. I had 4 meters for Austria, Switzerland and Italy in that other sim, so there is still room for improvement.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Yeah 10 is kinda standard this day in age.  It's definitely, though and an improvement over default and thanks to the author for the mesh!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

I never thought I would ever see such crisp mountains, valleys and summits in a flight simulator.  Utterly amazing.

Well 10 meters got nothing on the LIDAR 1meter Austria that you got when flying in P3D with the latest version of FS Global installed.

10 meters is a start, but it certainly isn't the end of the line for the possibilities and I for one look very much forward to higher resoltions than 10m becoming available in the future.

17 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

Is it solving the issue with the morphing cliffs?

Seems to be in the areas Ive flown but I guess nothing will be 100% perfect.  It's free so it costs nothing to try it and hopefully be as amazed as I was.

Off to download Bolzano in a minute as I want to fly from Innsbruck then to Bolzano along the Brenner Autobahn which has some amazing bridges and raised sections (not sure if they will be in msfs though).

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

45 minutes ago, cianpars said:

then to Bolzano along the Brenner Autobahn

Did you use Italy 10 DEM also and what about the glitches and spikes they told at italy ?

Stephan from Germany

My System

53 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

Did you use Italy 10 DEM also and what about the glitches and spikes they told at italy ?

Didn't notice any spikes but all the bridges and viaducts seem to be in place albeit grey rather than blue in one of the places.  T'was a nice flight through the valleys following the the motorway all the way.

How about the airports (default and add on) and their elevations? Any problems with this new mod?

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

Well 10 meters got nothing on the LIDAR 1meter Austria that you got when flying in P3D with the latest version of FS Global installed.

10 meters is a start, but it certainly isn't the end of the line for the possibilities and I for one look very much forward to higher resoltions than 10m becoming available in the future.

fsglobal used a base mesh;  over some areas add lidar ; but these areas are 'local' very likely is the majority of the world is done using a 30 m database such srtm possibly interpolated to 'fatten the terrain'.

10 m mesh is a excellent base for wide coverage where data are available.

Edited by arsenal82

It doesn’t go well with ORBX Lowi, huge bumps on runway and taxiway, something that doesn’t happen with default lowi. The author is aware of that.

2 hours ago, kiki said:

How about the airports (default and add on) and their elevations? Any problems with this new mod?

At the 4 aiports I landed or took off from, I didn't observe any issues.  Can't vouch for any others though.

• Like 1

The combination of the Troglodytus mesh and airports really makes this my favourite place to fly at the moment - all are absolutely superb.

• Like 1