Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Austria 10m DEM Heads Up

1 hour ago, highflyerbel said:

It doesn’t go well with ORBX Lowi, huge bumps on runway and taxiway, something that doesn’t happen with default lowi. The author is aware of that.

Haven't tried LOWI but ORBX Zell Am See seems just fine.

9 hours ago, highflyerbel said:

It doesn’t go well with ORBX Lowi, huge bumps on runway and taxiway, something that doesn’t happen with default lowi. The author is aware of that.

Did you delete the Asobo LOWI scenery ?

Someone in the flightsim.to tread told this.

Stephan from Germany

My System

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

Did you delete the Asobo LOWI scenery ?

Someone in the flightsim.to tread told this.

Makes no difference, even with the Asobo version deleted the ORBX version has a couple of massive bumps in the runway with this mesh.

Yes i deleted the asobo lowi airport, since this was already needed prior to this. So far I didn’t read anywhere there is a fix. Also other airport seems to have floating objects etc. It’s a choice, or have more realistic mountains, or orbx quality airports..as long there is no fix

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, highflyerbel said:

It’s a choice, or have more realistic mountains, or orbx quality airports..as long there is no fix

You forgot the third option...    Only fly helicopters!  No need to worry about lumpy runways then 🙂

From the developer at Flightsim.to:

Update with fixes for 3rd party Addons will be released tonight!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Reader said:

From the developer at Flightsim.to:

That's a service - from a freeware developer! I was at LOWI with the Bell 47 yesterday, so didn't check the runway but detected sunken cars at the apron in ORBX LOWI.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pmb said:

That's a service - from a freeware developer!

In my opinion he's one of the best guys over at  .to     Great airports/scenery, great communication, regular updates.  Absolutely loving his work!

• Like 1

Released indeed and the problem at Orbx LOWI is fixed.

• Like 2

It does make Austria look great. Sadly I’m having serious performance issues with it, even at terrain LOD 100. Frequent pauses that are several seconds long. Didn’t have that with Orbx NZ mesh which is also DEM 10m IIRC.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

That is certainly a first that a high resolution mesh would cause a noticeable performance drop. Never had something like that in the previous iterations of the FS series.

But he got enough people complaining about it so that he decided to relese the Switzerland DEM in only 20meters.

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It does make Austria look great. Sadly I’m having serious performance issues with it, even at terrain LOD 100. Frequent pauses that are several seconds long. Didn’t have that with Orbx NZ mesh which is also DEM 10m IIRC.

That's interesting and disappointing, especially with your spec. 

Really on the fence about these add-on meshes; on the one hand I love me a good mesh, and when they are good, they are stunning (some areas in the UK update, you can almost make out individual rocks), but if we have to start storing terabytes of mesh locally and they also cause performance issues, the attractions diminish somewhat.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Nice, hopefully there be optimizations for the stutter problems.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You will find the stutters / pauses are there without the new mesh (try it).  It was really bad for me last night again from Zell-am-See to Salzburg.

I thought it was the new mesh, but I was disappointed with the terrible pausing and mountains that were still rounded on the first flight, it was a total stutter and pause fest.

Then, when thinking about the rounded mountains, I realised I hadn't yet activated the new mesh from addon manager! 😀

After activating it and restarting MSFS, the new mountains were great (the difference was like night and day), but the pauses and stutters persisted. 
I was getting the manipulators / GPU at zero utilisation issue a lot. (Which I have had in this region going back months - other areas are fine).

After suffering on this same route for months, especially with bad pauses around Salzburg, this was barely present on my two previous flights on the same route, now the issue is back - why is MSFS so inconsistent? 

I had the spinning circle (bottom right corner) a lot again last night.  I am wondering if it is a streaming data / server issue as this problem varies so much.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.