Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Abacus Copilot for FSX??????

Has anyone used Abacus Copilot Ver. 3 for FSX? I used to use the older Version 2.6 for maps and flightplanning. Since we don't have FSNav for FSX yet I was considering buying it. Are the maps any good? Any comments sure would be appreciated. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest iwantmydc3

Hi BobYes I have it and it's very good-still bascially the same program but evidently can read and write the FSX scenery files now. My favorite thing is still its GPS unit will act like a modern autopilot in planes that dont have one, or dont have an autopilot at all. It operates the same as version 2.x, i.e. first you open the scenery files for the area you want to fly in, which generates the map, then you can make your plan with either "quick plan" point a to b like within FS, or "plotter" where you can put all the waypoints in between; I like this mode best because I mostly like flying general aviation aircraft VFR, so I can enjoy some nice "cross countries" that way, with all the VOR's etc to follow :) Then you lauch FS, and can use either the plan that's in memory in copilot, or any saved flight plans you have.And you can still print sectional type charts from your flight plan maps, and airport diagrams and approach plates of the airport-and the best thing is all the data comes right from your own Flight Simulator scenery files (It supposedly works with add on scenery also). This was always one of my favorite programs, and it's great to have it with FSX.The only thing you will have to do is edit a small .txt file so the Copilot GPS knows where to look for your saved flight plans. I will post the details.

Hi. Thanks. Will it work for FS9 as well as FSX? Do you get all the maps like in FS2002? If not can you download them? Are they worldwide? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.Best regards, Bob.

Guest bustervk

>Has anyone used Abacus Copilot Ver. 3 for FSX? I used to use>the older Version 2.6 for maps and flightplanning. Since we>don't have FSNav for FSX yet I was considering buying it. Are>the maps any good? Any comments sure would be appreciated.>Thanks, regards, Bob.FSX CoPilot Ver3.5 is working fine.regards,Bert

Guest iwantmydc3

BobYes it works on FS9. I believe the first version was for FS98, I'm not for sure on that. Please see my seperate post on how to edit the .txt file, in case you get it, and need to.

Hi. Thanks. I think I had it on FS98 and FS2002. I had Ver. 2.5 and 2.6. Will do if I have problemds with it. Best regards, Bob.