Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Altiplano – Density Altitude Alert  (REDUX)

Altiplano – Density Altitude Alert  (REDUX)

The tour starts in Peru at Arequipa (SPQU) at an elevation of 8400 feet and features the multiple landings at high altitude airports across the Altiplano region of South America including:

• ·         El Alto (SLLP) - 13,314 Elevation
  • ·         Cochabamba (SLCB) – 8,360 Elevation
  • ·         Potosi (SLPO) - 12,923 Elevation
  • ·         Cruz De Machacamarca Airport (SLCZ) - 12,399 Elevation

The route concludes on the Pacific coast of Chile at Iquique (SCDA) – 157 Elevation. 

If this route seems familiar it is because it has been recycled from 2017 where we flew it in airliners.

Flightplan & Pilots Guide: Here.

Aircraft:

The route is 738 miles and a fast aircraft capable of performing at high altitudes will be required.  I will be flying the Working Title Cessna CJ4  in Kestrel livery but as always you are free to fly what you like.

yLfzJFu.jpg

Recommended scenery:

NONE

Time and Weather

Recommend Departure time of 3:00PM local.   We will be targeting an arrival at Iquique in early evening light (6:00 PM.)

Particulars:

Date and time: Wednesday May 19, 18:00 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Edited by jt_williams
Airport correction
  • Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I was able to fly this flight over the last 2 evenings...what a phenomenal trip with spectacular scenery - I would argue some of the best MFS has to offer. Great flight Jeff, one for the ages!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB