Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Home Cockpit Chairs/HOTAS Mounts?

I'm looking at revamping my home cockpit setup.  I am currently using a VolairSim chair.  I have not been very happy with the ergonomics.  My two largest complaints are that most rudder pedals only fit in a very flat and close position and the chair is rather low to the ground.  The pedals are also very hard to change out, so I rarely move to my racing setup.  I use primarily 3 setups for my simming:

1. Fighter/Tactical (DCS World): TM Warthog chair level center stick and left hand throttle, MFG crosswind pedals, possibly adding a couple WINWING panels in the future

2. Commercial (P3D/MSFS): Center desk level yoke/MCP, left hand CDU, right hand throttle (TM Airbus vs Honeycomb Bravo depending on the aircraft), MFG crosswind pedals

3. F1 Racing: Center desk level wheel, pedal plate

Display is on a 55" wall mounted 4K TV or VR headset.

I am thinking about switching to a desk/chair combo.  The pedal sets could sit easily on the floor and the yoke or wheel mount to the table.  What I'm looking for to complete the setup is a chair with at least left and right side mounts for the throttles and stick.  Everything I'm finding is along the lines of the VolairSim Chair, or like these Next Level Racing Chairs (https://nextlevelracing.com/products/gtultimate-v2-flight-simulator/).  They all seem to have the pedal and yoke mount built in.

Does anyone know know of any chairs with the HOTAS mounts.  Or any HOTAS mounts that can easily be added to chairs?  I've also seen some desk mount versions of HOTAS mounts, but they all seem flimsy.  Thank you for any advice and input!

Eric Szczesniak

Take a look at this stuff. Monster Tech

There's nothing flimsy about their products. I have the Warthog joystick mount and it's a solid as a rock.

Something in THIS range might suit

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Take a look at this stuff. Monster Tech

There's nothing flimsy about their products. I have the Warthog joystick mount and it's a solid as a rock.

Something in THIS range might suit

Thank you for the reply!  I had come across those, but hadn't looked in depth yet since they are somewhat chair specific.  I may work on getting my desk setup and then filling in the missing pieces from this line. 

Eric Szczesniak