Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Weird problem with cockpit camera

Simmer seeks advice (this is the personals, yes?)

For no reason that I can see, my cockpit camera view has suddenly gone crazy. Specify any location, any aircraft, hit "Fly". Scenario loads with sitting on runway waiting to go in external view. Switch to cockpit view and after a second or two the view starts pointing up towards the cockpit roof and swivels around at random. I can change the view with the mouse but it's fighting me all the time and I can't keep a stable view at all.

Hadn't done anything camera related of late, only special cockpit views I have set are for H135, but this problem is happening with any aircraft I've tried.

Stripped everything out of community folder, no addons at all - problem continues. Rebooted a couple of times - no change.

Tried renaming Cameras.cfg - no effect and file just re-created the same as before

Tried setting "Asobo-cameras" to false in content.xml - no change.

Haven't tried smearing myself in chicken entrails and dancing naked widdershins round the PC yet but if anyone has any ideas that might help me avoid resorting to that I'd be happy to try them out.

cheers,

Andy

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Could be a joystick problem with the Hat Switch?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I've had exactly this problem a fair few times - with all sims (MSFS, XP and P3D). I have a Saitek X52 Pro setup - and get what I suspect is a "stuck key" - usually when I try anything that uses the "pinkie" switch on the stick. Unplugging/replugging in the stick sometimes worked, sometimes not - and sometimes restarting the Saitek Profiler helped ... but I've not found a comprehensive solution, I'm afraid.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

you probaby already checked...but be sure there are no keybinds/controller  conflicts or dublicate keybinds in the settings

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

@kaha, @Adamski_NZ, @Isaiah53six,

thanks for the input, folks.I got this happening late last night after a day full of other RL problems so I obviously wan't thinking things through properly. Never even occured to me to think of the hardware (doh!).

Re-calibrated the hatswitch on my CH Pro Throttle, which I use to control the camera in cockpit view, and all is well. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on that, maybe it's getting worn out.

Thanks for the poke to the brain, appreciate it! I can pack the jar of entrails away again now.

• Like 3

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

17 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

@kaha, @Adamski_NZ, @Isaiah53six,

thanks for the input, folks.I got this happening late last night after a day full of other RL problems so I obviously wan't thinking things through properly. Never even occured to me to think of the hardware (doh!).

Re-calibrated the hatswitch on my CH Pro Throttle, which I use to control the camera in cockpit view, and all is well. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on that, maybe it's getting worn out.

Thanks for the poke to the brain, appreciate it! I can pack the jar of entrails away again now.

We all have things like this happen. Especially when we are not thinking clearly. I worked for hours wondering why I could not get any of my planes with Garmin's to not show complete dark screens. Finally after checking my Community Folder 10-20 times, and NOT paying attention ( and only like 20 mods in it ), I noticed a Mod I had added and removed it. Bingo, everything started to work. I felt pretty stupid to be honest. Happens to all of us at some point. Glad you figured it out!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ