Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Airbus A310 - 4 pictures....

The Airbus A310 played a crucial role in the early evolution of Airbus.

I came across this interesting RCAF/GOVT VIP livery (last shot, below), atop the library uploads, today,...(the classic A310 is painted, here, in the livery used to transport the Prime Minister of Canada in his travels)...

I also included 3 other A310 colors...(these are all "-300" variant)...

PIhD6O.png

O9TqUl.png

GscqZJ.png

DKrh5B.png

• Like 9

Looking rather fine there. That Air India livery looks pretty much collision proof - you couldn't miss that from miles away!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

It was my favorite plane when i was kid! I prefer the version freighter!Btw very nice shots!

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Andy and Alaska738: Thanks...!!

21 hours ago, andy1252 said:

That Air India livery looks pretty much collision proof - you couldn't miss that from miles away!

Agree, Andy, a striking livery, and catches your eyes, indeed...!

14 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

I prefer the version freighter!...

Yes, Alaska738, without mention of Freighters, A310 would be incomplete...and, you prompted me to dig in a bit...🙂...so, I picked up a few more repaints, below,...

I clearly recall seeing the FedEx A300/A310 Freighters in Chicago/O'Hare...FedEx was probably among the last A310 Freighter operators, if not the last. FedEx had liked them so much that it had adopted/adapted many ex-airline A310s into its fleet. On record, over the last few decades, FedEx operated 70 A310Fs and 65 A300Fs, and the last commercial flight of the FedEx A310-300F occurred just last year, on January 4, 2020. It is also the largest Airbus A300F operator including owning the last A300 ever built. These A300Fs still show up as operational in their "current" fleet, as of last month, April 2021.

The A300 and A310 were instrumental in Airbus establishing itself as a competitor to Boeing. These two jets were really the ones that (successfully) paved the way for the company’s development of more ambitious types, such as the A320/A330/A340 etc. The A300 and A310, also, introduced the concept of cockpit "commonality": A300-600 and A310 pilots could qualify for the other aircraft with one day of training. But, these two Airbus jewels, have been, somewhat, overlooked, in our virtual world, compared to the (plentiful) B737-200 and the B737 Classics...I do have the "old" SimCheck A300B4, which is one of my favorite SIM a/c to fly (in the same  spirit as the 737 Classic SIMs). The A300/A310, if created on simulation, with good system fidelity, would be wonderful to experience, in our virtual world...Oh well...At least, Mr. Thomas Ruth has not forgotten...🙂...

So, find, below, a few more passenger and freighter models of A310. Notice e.g. the two (older/earlier) Lufthansa colors (1984 and 1990), the one without the "blue-cheat-line" was the more modern version, which has been since replaced by their latest livery...whether you like it or not...🙂...

I've also included one picture (last shot) of the FedEx A300-600F, a model that's supposedly still operational with FedEx currently...looks "stocky" and resembles a "767" in some respects...FedEx, in fact, is planning to retire and replace these work-horses by 767Fs, I read. (And, the FedEx picture just above it (last but one shot) is a A310 GEF model, ~23 feet shorter than A300, and, also with smaller wings than those of A300...)

Enjoy...!!

ey8O2P.png

Cdd0Ey.png

kWdzPY.png

nAaHB1.png

UBuyAy.png

XnDnXh.png

ZB0wkG.png

• Like 4

Great shots, P_7878. Btw, the nice looking East German Interflug A310 became after the reunification one of two official German government A310 planes, transporting Angela Merkel around the world for many years. They were eventually replaced by ex-Lufthansa A340s and now new A350s. Our Luftwaffe still flies A310s today, but I'm not sure, whether they are the former East German ones.

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Big fan of the A310, having regularly flown on them as a kid. 

I also wish we could have a good representation in the sim, but our friends who use Xplane have the fantastic iniBuilds A300-600 and the A310-300 will be released soon.

I'm very tempted to convert...

• Like 1

Rashid Yacine

It was also great on the A300F! If we could turn back time?

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

Bernd:

Nice bit of history...and, I thought Tom Ruth had a German Airforce MRTT A310 too, but, I'm missing it...now...

Rashid:

I share your interest for these 2 planes...hope you get to fly them, one way or another....

Alaska738:

Agree about A300F...BTW, I was reading somewhere, an interesting hypothesis about maybe "A310neo" in the (capacity) niche in between A320/A330 - neos...🙂...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

Agree about A300F...BTW, I was reading somewhere, an interesting hypothesis about maybe "A310neo" in the (capacity) niche in between A320/A330 - neos...🙂...

That would be great!!

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

Excellent Shots

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Ah, that Interflug livery 😍 Great series altogether!

On 5/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, bernd1151 said:

but I'm not sure, whether they are the former East German ones.

I believe that one single former Interflug plane is still in service with the Luftwaffe: 10 + 23, ex DDR-ABC.

There is a great video with this plane starring (thanks to Ed, who pointed me to it):

By the way, I made my first real world flight in an A310, with the already defunct African Safari Airways.

Regarding the Canadian Airbuses, I can spot them from time to time being maintained here in the Dresden EADS plant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Alaska738, Patrick, Harald, Ed:

Thanks for the additional comments and contributions...!!

Harald: Excellent video...the evening/night segment was a bonus...(with switch of PF/PNF roles)...

Ed: Nice clip of the DHL A300-600...(VC looking good)...So, if no one gives you one,...then make one for yourself...🙂...

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, P_7878 said:

Ed: Nice clip of the DHL A300-600...(VC looking good)...So, if no one gives you one,...then make one for yourself...🙂...

Making everything for myself is where I'm at these days and that's where I want to be. 🤓

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very enjoyable video, Ed...!

Excellent lighting and sounds, too...!!