Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

They do have a history of doing this releasing just the external model and the VC later. They did the same with the L1011 and with the original 777 for FSX. 

• Like 2

Just now, james42 said:

They do have a history of doing this releasing just the external model and the VC later. They did the same with the L1011 and with the original 777 for FSX. 

When they've done that, the product was listed as an early access though, so that's probably not going to happen here.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, a321 said:

Devs have to eat, MSFS is not a sim AT THE MOMENT for serious simmers its for nickel & dime add-ons, and until ASOBO/MS pull finger out quit with the eye candy and get the sim into shape it always will be!

Sorry but I don't get what are you talking about here? Nobody asked CaptainSim to go extreme "Study level", if  they opted for something like the CRJ level, it would satisfy the majority of the folks here and it is perfectly doable in MSFS of course. But instead, they went for the fast #moneygrab road with maybe one month work.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Looks like some of the doors don't open on the exterior model  (apart from the cockpit door in the cockpit), so the 777 won't properly connect to a jetway or for baggage/catering services.

I find the CS 777 easier to taxi without rudder pedals than the default 747 or 787.

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

6 minutes ago, amsfsx02501 said:

Looks like some of the doors don't open on the exterior model  (apart from the cockpit door in the cockpit), so the 777 won't properly connect to a jetway or for baggage/catering services.

I find the CS 777 easier to taxi without rudder pedals than the default 747 or 787.

How about the sounds? Also the default 747? 😄 

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

How about the sounds? Also the default 747? 😄 

+1 on this question.

If certain other things are missing or 'borrowed' from the default 747, the one thing this must surely have are original 777 sounds especialy as the developer surely has the sounds already from their FSX and Prepar3d versions. Unless of course this is being set up for a 'shake down' with future paid addon packs.

14 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

If certain other things are missing or 'borrowed' from the default 747, the one thing this must surely have are original 777 sounds especialy as the developer surely has the sounds already from their FSX and Prepar3d versions. Unless of course this is being set up for a 'shake down' with future paid addon packs.

It looks the default 747 according to this comment here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/captainsim-releases-boeing-777-for-msfs/402470/27. Even sounds, like really 😄

Anyway, they even admitted on their Facebook, that they went for the #fastmonygrab track https://www.facebook.com/captainsim/posts/4616425615039860?comment_id=4616584565023965&reply_comment_id=4616606125021809 

Edited by omarsmak30

Basically it's a lookalike using default 747 stuff, which won't please the purists, but for 20 quid if you want a lookalike Cripple Seven, it works. FPS is good, but model does not have the usual plethora of external animations found on typical CS stuff. Flies okay and the autopilot does what it is supposed to, but it doesn't like my Saitek Autopilot panel.

FA6NPxG.png

lsIPasX.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

42 minutes ago, james42 said:

It's a simple strategy to front run any PMDG releases of the same type and scalp what they can get.  It's an awful business model.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, a321 said:

MS/ASOBO have really dropped the ball, the system within MSFS are clearly an obstruction to most dev building anything remotely close to  decent add-on levels, not everyone has the grasp that Fly by Wire / WT have on the internals

Most people would agree that the Aerosoft CRJ counts as "remotely close to a decent add-on", and that's the level that CaptainSim could have aimed for: not study-level like PMDG aircraft or what FBW is aiming for, but not one aircraft's model with a completely different one's systems and flight characteristics (edit: and sounds, if it wasn't obvious how lazy CS is being.)

51 minutes ago, a321 said:

Its a joke to be honest. Devs have to eat

No one is forcing CaptainSim to rush lazy projects for a quick buck. What is a joke is companies like CS thinking that they can put out money-grabbing products like this without putting in even a minimal amount of work to make something credible. CS can "eat" by selling quality products for other sims if they don't want to develop for MSFS.

Edited by paintedfutures
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry but I don't get what are you talking about here? Nobody asked CaptainSim to go extreme "Study level", if  they opted for something like the CRJ level, it would satisfy the majority of the folks here and it is perfectly doable in MSFS of course. But instead, they went for the fast #moneygrab road with maybe one month work.

Ok let me explain. The sim cant cope with their study level 777 that they have for other sims! So yes.. they went the money grab. Until they state otherwise!

1 minute ago, a321 said:

Ok let me explain. The sim cant cope with their study level 777 that they have for other sims! So yes.. they went the money grab. Until they state otherwise!

So they release what they can now and presumably expand on that once the SDK and time allows.

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

So they release what they can now and presumably expand on that once the SDK and time allows.

But will they? They would need to make a statement to actually say that. At the moment I haven't see any indication that would be the case.

Plus they actually just said this on facebook rather than waiting for SDK updates:

"Advanced systems programing takes years and that 777 could cost $100+"

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Just now, Zangoose said:

But will they? They would need to make a statement to actually say that. At the moment I haven't see any indication that would be the case.

Then don't buy it until they release more.

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

well who knows, but that is more cost. The problem is there is no word or seemingly inclination for the SDK or whatever the obstruction is to be fixed.