Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

2 hours ago, DMullert said:

eeerrrrr.............there is no 777 wingflex depicted on that image.  

Well, not if you're blind there isn't, however, the ruler in Photoshop would appear to disagree with you. Just to really clear it up, see the pics below.

You can see here that the wing is clearly not parallel with the line I've drawn in the first pic, it pretty much is in the second one, in fact it is drooping ever so slightly since we are on the deck, in the third one it is flexing again, but not by much as most of the lift the load is off the wings with it having touched down:

AbwaMO2.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Yes it is, says 777 on the livery 🙂  It gets me how people get upset when people spend their money the was they choose. Tell all the 2 million plus simmers ( is that number true? ) they need to check in with the "Serious Simmers" before they make a purchase. According to them your not allowed to think for yourself and enjoy the sim the way you see fit. You have to ask them for permission first. I don't think so.

And curious how many Elvis types ( left the building ), will buy the PMDG MSFS products when they are released? I might, but not because someone told me too. I spend my money on what I want not anyone else. Also, glad to know that not one other sim sell's any low end or bad products from any developer. That's simply not true either. 

By the way, the "Serious Simmer" Hotline is 1-800-SNOBS. I apologize to those serious simmers that enjoy having fun too. And let people make up their own mind. You have a different phone number 1-800-HAVEFUN!

I have nothing against simpler Carenado style aircraft but this is a 747. It has nothing to do with being snob. It's a extremely low effort that many freeware have done but at a much higher quality. I am expressing how the Value to quality relation for a 30$ aircraft is not very good with this one. 

• Like 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

35 minutes ago, Lindy1958 said:

BIG MISTAKE!

I

Can't wait for PMDG's first MSFS aircraft! You know that'll be put through vigorous testing prior to launch!

Yuup, an allways have to come in with some updates because of some bug issues..at least that was the case in the past of my old FSX times..

And shure you have to wait another two years, not to forget. ( for the tripple sevens )

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, flyforever said:

The lack of patience may be a sign of new, younger simmers not having historic memory.

It's that.   And a sign of the tribalism of "other" sim supporters wishing for and celebrating anything that they see as a failure for the new kid on the block, even when it is nothing of the sort.  And a sign of folks who've been comfortable in their "serious simulation" hobby seeing the change in the weather and feeling threatened, then acting as though every generation of the sim hasn't had buckets of shovelware garbage thrown at it.

CS put out a fairly straightforward asset flip.   That's all that happened here.   It's not a condemnation of the sim or "the SDK".  Given that PMDG, the holy grail of all the "serious simmers", have said that there's no real  technical obstacle to them developing for MSFS at this point, anyone who is still making that sort of argument honestly has no idea what they're talking about.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I have nothing against simpler Carenado style aircraft but this is a 747. It has nothing to do with being snob. It's a extremely low effort that many freeware have done but at a much higher quality. I am expressing how the Value to quality relation for a 30$ aircraft is not very good with this one. 

First off you might be right on the value, would be fine for $20 but for some not $30. With that I agree. But still customers choice. And there is only allowed to be one version at $130 747? I don't think so. I hope we get $20, $30, actually a $50 or $60 like the AS CRJ would be cool, and I also want the PMDG $130+ to be made available for the "Serious Simmer", PMDG people are not gonna even get close to this thing. Except to buy it and trash it.

Captain Sim ( and the cheap 737 ) offices drinking their cheap vodka. Look at these people arguing over what we cha-ching just released. The more the cha-ching argue about it the more sales we get. Exactly cha-ching, who are the idiots 🙂

Make your own mind up people. NO ONE can tell you what to buy. Don't like it, don't buy it. People that would like to have a 777 with some parts from a 747, some from a C-172, and stick a 777 livery on it. Have fun and enjoy. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a 777, says it right on the outside 🙂

Do your homework or don't. Amazes me how people get upset how others spend their own money!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Exactly. There is room for all sorts of flight simmers, and frankly, whilst sometimes I want to go all nerdy and spend an hour pre-flighting my FSL A320, other times I want to kick the tires and light the fires, so I like both kinds of add-ons. And after all, if I want to go and fly a real aeroplane, that's what I got a pilot's licence for, and that really is as real as it gets.

But beyond this, if people imagine MS would ever have considered making a new flight sim solely for the 37 people on Avsim who insist on the ammeter needle reading being millimetre accurate on the overhead and dropping .00001 amps when someone flushes the toilet in the cabin, then they need to put the crack pipe down. The vast majority of flight sim users want to fly their 747 inverted under the Golden Gate Bridge, we merely benefit from that sim also being able to handle fancy add-ons, which is why we pay the kind of money we do for such things.

Once again, Chock tells it like it is! 🙂

• Like 1

Jay

9 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

It's that.   And a sign of the tribalism of "other" sim supporters wishing for and celebrating anything that they see as a failure for the new kid on the block, even when it is nothing of the sort.  And a sign of folks who've been comfortable in their "serious simulation" hobby seeing the change in the weather and feeling threatened, then acting as though every generation of the sim hasn't had buckets of shovelware garbage thrown at it.

CS put out a fairly straightforward asset flip.   That's all that happened here.   It's not a condemnation of the sim or "the SDK".  Given that PMDG, the holy grail of all the "serious simmers", have said that there's no obstacle to them developing for MSFS at this point, anyone who is still making that sort of argument honestly has no idea what they're talking about.

OMG, they are gonna freak when the X-Box version get's released 🙂 Even though most are probably not console users, they will trash it till the end of time. Me thinks they don't like change or new people coming to the flight simulation hobby. They can never go back and remember that at one time they also were new to the hobby. And had fun and had to learn, etc... Alright so maybe they didn't have FUN then either, but they did have to learn?

• Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, caneman said:

Ummm .... slapping a 747 cockpit inside a 777 airplane ... yeah, quality was certainly no consideration here.  Like you said, pricing wasn't about the work here - it was nothing but a cash grab.  They should be ashamed for even putting this on the market.  I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyers.    

Why do I always see the assumption that most of the people buying these releases are "unsuspecting" vs they are making an informed buying choice?  I feel like the "serious simmers" just live in their bubble and assume that anyone buying something they see no use for as uninformed or unsuspecting.  

Lots of MSFS flyers want to quickly fly around a realistic looking environment.  They want a detailed exterior 777 so they can replicate there reality (aka from outside the plane or in the cabin).  Most probably couldn't tell you the main differences between a 777 and 747 flight deck.

Should those people not be able to purchase products that fit there needs? Should they be required to learn complex airliners to have a fun experience? Should any developer giving them products they want be shunned for "cash grabbing". 

• Like 6

Nick Running

6 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

Why do I always see the assumption that most of the people buying these releases are "unsuspecting" vs they are making an informed buying choice?  I feel like the "serious simmers" just live in their bubble and assume that anyone buying something they see no use for as uninformed or unsuspecting.  

Lots of MSFS flyers want to quickly fly around a realistic looking environment.  They want a detailed exterior 777 so they can replicate there reality (aka from outside the plane or in the cabin).  Most probably couldn't tell you the main differences between a 777 and 747 flight deck.

Should those people not be able to purchase products that fit there needs? Should they be required to learn complex airliners to have a fun experience? Should any developer giving them products they want be shunned for "cash grabbing". 

because I talk to them everyday on the MSFS discord. Most people have no clue.

I think CS have realised that you can make loads pumping out stuff like this rather than accurate complex airliners. Most here complaining did buy it. I think more 3pd aircraft makers will take this route. You can make far more this way and the huge amount of work required to make it high level will bring in just a niche of simmers on avsim hence not making it worth the effort.

It's the dollar store approach. 

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

because I talk to them everyday on the MSFS discord. Most people have no clue.

There will always be impulse buyers that don't do product research, you can't help that.  But really would be curious about the "no clue" comment because I see that 2 ways.  

Are there people that had no clue it was a re-skinned 747 before buying but actually care about those details, sure I can concede that.

But there probably are lots of people who have "no clue" because it doesn't affect there actual enjoyment of the product until someone comes along and tells them that they bought a non-realistic "cash-grab" and have been deceived.  Only to leave out the part that a "non-cash grab" product will actually be +$100 (or at least 3 times the price) and they will have to spend hours learning how to "realistically fly" said aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Nick Running

Just now, nrunning24 said:

There will always be impulse buyers that don't do product research, you can't help that.  But really would be curious about the "no clue" comment because I see that 2 ways.  

Are there people that had no clue it was a re-skinned 747 before buying but actually care about those details, sure I can concede that.

But there probably are lots of people who have "no clue" because it doesn't affect there actual enjoyment of the product until someone comes along and tells them that they bought a non-realistic "cash-grab" and have been deceived.  Only to leave out the part that a "non-cash grab" product will actually be +$100 (or at least 3 times the price) and they will have to spend hours learning how to "realistically fly" said aircraft.

Sure. There is people that are aware that it's just a re-skin and they have made the conscious decision to buy it. So far I've read the aircraft has no sound, there is no APU. The plane is not even a good re-skin. So excuse me if I call this out as a poor quality product that doesn't offer the 30 USD value. 

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Sure. There is people that are aware that it's just a re-skin and they have made the conscious decision to buy it. So far I've read the aircraft has no sound, there is no APU. The plane is not even a good re-skin. So excuse me if I call this out as a poor quality product that doesn't offer the 30 USD value. 

I'm not speaking on the specifics of this product from CS.  I don't own it and have no use buying it.  

I'm speaking on the fact that from the second it was released lots of people have been up in arms on it for pretty ridiculous reasons.  If it worked perfectly as described (aka sound and apu worked perfect, no bugs etc.) it wouldn't have changed the discussion about it here one bit.

• Like 3

Nick Running