Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

3 minutes ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

According to Matt from WT, "My goal is to enable as many developers as possible." I believe Asobo have expressed that view on many other occasions. And this isn't about holding anyone's hand, this is about basic functionality that a lot of well established developers are asking for.

The people who give them money.

Well let me put it this way. Asobo and Ms can't please everyone. So adapt or get left behind. Simple 

This is just the start of a wave of developers jumping on the bandwagon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

You mean 1.999999 million gamers who couldn’t a real add-on from A to B? Watching YouTube, twitch and all the other trash steams is more then evident of that. 
The gamers love their toy planes! 

Microsoft have lost...the respect of serious flight simulator users. It’s now officially beyond a joke with this release. There is so many freeware options on the other platforms that put this to shame.  

I’m sure it looks good (external view only) to everyone’s school friends on discord. Maybe that’s the point of all these poor releases now?

If MSFS doesn't work for you, there are other sim "flatforms" for you to choose.

Have you seen the rate of freeware for MSFS??? Or the rate of Devs jumping on board??? MSFS has both the respect and the "backing" of Freeware and Payware Devs. This is why Devs have left the other "flatforms" behind and their users complaining about attention MSFS is getting.

I don't know how you define serious flight simulator users, but 2M+ users have made a serious investment in the sim.

You will have good addons and bad addons, you can easily decide not to buy. But MSFS is a good sim / platform...the user / Dev numbers don't lie.

• Like 3

I really am enjoying the tiny bit of time I have used the 777 today. Great visuals, best cabin of any airliner in XP or FS period... that's fun to see and place viewpoints in ..... great in my opinion.... AP works fine, and I got a perfect autoland and rollout in her, all hands-off. Hand flying the 777 is a joy.... no issues. and the FRAMERATE IS SOOOOOO SMMMMOOOOOOTTTTHHHH. Not even close to the disspointing 747 or 787.... again, this is a win.

Sounds are still recycled default 747 but I bet someone will fix this soon..... so far, she's fun to fly and I've got no real issues because I wasn't after XP11 Flight Factor or PMDG quality... but got a super accurate looking 777 that looks pretty great from the pilot's seat too... and flies great... worth the $29 Chinese takeout price

• Like 3

paint.png

What do I do here? 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, honanhal said:

Say what you will about Captain Sim, I have to admit it’s a little refreshing to see a developer that actually understands that you don’t set pricing based on how much work went into the project.

That statement pretty much summarizes the naïve and unrealistic statements made by so many here.  

Of Course! the amount of work the developer does to bring the model to market is a primary determinant in the developers price!  What else would price depend on?  There are no material costs, few marketing costs, and few distribution costs.   The only think being sold is the skill and labor required to write the code.

The fact that so many here are complaining that so little was changed from the ASOBO 747 seems to justify thinking the CS 777 price is set so low to reflect the limited time and effort Captain Sim had to spend to get the model to market. Thus proving, at least to me, the developers level of effort is significant when setting the price. 

Edited by TacomaSailor
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

2 hours ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

PMDG is set. That's great. But RXP is up in the air as far as we in the community can tell. So that's why people keep bringing him up. And while i do agree that saying "without RXP gauges it's not a real sim" might be a bit overly dramatic, you also have to agree that having those gauges is very important to a lot of people who fly GA a lot and have grown accustomed to a certain level of integration and functionality which is simply not present in the sim today.

You are not wrong.  RealityXP's products are great, and I myself feel the lack of them in the sim.  I'm not remotely saying we shouldn't care about that, but I think you get that.  My primary point was directed at the folks who seemingly pay no attention to the actual state of things, wander into threads, don't bother following the discussion, and drop "MSFS isn't ready for complex planes" dungheaps on the floor when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I know it's tilting at windmills, but that sort of thing irks me, and not just on this topic.   If  one is not satisfied with what's available or in the works, that's fine.   But that doesn't mean mean that "you can't make complex planes in MSFS", and it doesn't mean "MSFS isn't a serious sim its just for gamerz not real pilots lol amirite?".  It just means one has a specific need that can't currently be filled, and if one wants to extrapolate that to the sim in general, one needs to be willing to address contradictory evidence.

I am not pointing at you individually at all here, btw, it's why I'm carefully using "one" instead of "you".  🙂

Anyway, I think I made my point, so I won't belabor it any more.  I've shared the comments from PMDG, so people can't claim ignorance of them; if they want to say the sim's "not ready" they need to be able to address those statements to justify their argument.  I'm tired of having this discussion repeatedly, though, and it's not remotely about the 777, so I'll stop it here.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Manny said:

What do I do here? 🙂

I remember someone on the FS2020 forums saying it's because of the salty mod, whatever that is. Not sure, cause i don't use the 747.

• Like 2

Cristi Neagu

"whatever that is. Not sure, cause i don't use the 747."

ROFLMA:. 🙂

• Like 1

Manny

Just now, caneman said:

Best quote yet on this whole subject

"Tastes like chicken"

I am flying form lax to sfo. Using the manual compass

So far, I like the brodecks 3d 737 and the Airbus 350

I am to judge the 777. So far I dont lke it.

It landed in sfo safely. I fly without navigation 

Edited by Manny

Manny

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

"whatever that is. Not sure, cause i don't use the 747."

ROFLMA:. 🙂

Well yeah, i just happened to see it being mentioned, thought it might help 🙂

Cristi Neagu

42 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

Of Course! the amount of work the developer does to bring the model to market is a primary determinant in the developers price!  What else would price depend on?  There are no material costs, few marketing costs, and few distribution costs.   The only think being sold is the skill and labor required to write the code.

I think you misunderstood my point. My point is that a good business sets product price based on the price point that will maximize their revenue. If you really understand your market, that will have almost nothing to do with your costs in bringing the product to market. If you can't break even at the price that maximizes your revenue, you're in trouble -- but, by definition, you'd be in even worse trouble by setting the price higher.

Point is that once your product is ready to sell, you've already sunk your labor costs. You should have calculated whether you could cover those before you started. Time to sell? Set a price that will get you the most money, regardless of what your expenses have already been.

And I'll just note that you're spot on in noting that flightsim addons have no real unit production costs -- so every additional unit sold is practically pure additional revenue. Meaning costs are even less relevant in setting price than they would be otherwise.

To be brutally honest, this isn't rocket science -- which is why I'm consistently shocked that so many flightsim addon developers don't seem to get it. I guess the charitable view is that they're not businesspeople, that it's a labor of love for them.

The funny thing is just a couple weeks ago I started looking around in hopes that there was a ported or modded 777 exterior out there that I could fly around in for at least some eye candy. I didn't care if it used a default cockpit or anything, LOL. Be careful what you wish for I guess. Does it need a few things ironed out before even a more casual simmer like me to pick it up for $30? Sure. But holy cow is it gorgeous inside and out. 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case